Touch Screen suddenly not working...Support

Last Updated:

1. Louise1202

Louise1202 New Member

Hi all,

The touch screen on my HTC Sensation has suddenly stopped working. The locking ring works, so I can answer the phone if someone calls. I can view a new text message by pulling the notification bar down, and touching the message. But I can't scroll through messages and the icons are untouchable.

Any ideas? I feel like I've lost my right arm!

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome, Louise.

Have you tried rebooting the device after clearing caches in all 3rd party apps/widgets via the Application Manager? That can clear up a lot of issues.

It also sounds possible that you need to thoroughly clean the area near/across the top of hte screen. A digitizer/proximity sensor is up there and sometimes becomes obscured with whatever (sweat/dirt/hair spray, etc).

Power down the device and clean well with soft non fibrous cloth (no water). Keep it as clean as possible. ;)

Let us know how things work out. You may need a factory data reset to remedy the issue, but let's try this other stuff first. :)
  3. Louise1202

Louise1202 New Member

Hi there,

Thank you for your help and advice. Thankfully my arm is back! After taking the back off and cleaning in there, it's working! I should have done that first of all - but I just panicked haha!

Thanks again.