Touch screen tinglesSupport

Last Updated:

1. oatikodi

oatikodi Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've had a screen protector on my HTC Desire since I got it (brilliant phone!).

Two black vertical lines started to appear on the screen (only really visible when the background screen was white). So, I decided to take off the screen protector and risk scratching the screen.

However, without the screen protector, when I moved my finger on the screen I started getting a tingling sensation in my finger (a bit like that sensation when there's static around). I tried it for a few days and it's still the same.

Has anyone else had this?

(This is the first capacitive touch screen I've had- I've only had Symbian UIQ touch phones in the past. I'm going back to having a screen protector which although not as smooth as the screen is at least comfortable to touch!)

Advertisement
  2. ukzen

ukzen Well-Known Member

For Christ sake get a screen protector on or wear gloves ,didn`t you read the manual ?,you`ll get screen burn! ,very nasty.

3. TheTrueSpin

TheTrueSpin Well-Known Member

What? Black lines? Have they gone after u took protector off. Phone sounds broken

4. oatikodi

The two vertical black lines disappeared when I took off the screen protector (ie not the phone).
    Fitting a screen protector stops the tingling sensation when touching the screen.

5. oatikodi

Guess you have a different manual to the one I have. But thanks for your helpful input.

6. PJD

PJD Well-Known Member

Can I experience these touch screen tingles for at my age I need every tingle I can get LOL

7. ukzen

ukzen Well-Known Member

Sorry it was my attempt at a lame joke :eek: wont happen again ,promise!.:rolleyes:

8. blue90

blue90 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, i was using a friend's iphone which had a screen protector with rough surface. Does anyone know what that screen protector is called? Can anyone suggest me any protectors other than that and is it worth having a screen protector?

9. Skajme

Skajme Well-Known Member

well in my personal experience a screen protector isn't necessary.
    I've had the phone since the beginning of april without one, and the screen is in perfect super smooth condition. and i'm not overly cautious with it. i just keep my pocket free of loose coins/keys anything that would scratch it

10. Stucky

Stucky Well-Known Member

Blue90 it's a matt surface screen protector. My mate has one on his iphone. The only ones I can find for the Desire are on Ebay, from Australia!

11. oatikodi

I'd prefer not to use a screen protector. But touching the screen without a cover is causing me a problem.

The protector has protected by screen once from a key - but even with that I would prefer not to use one. (I'm using a Flexishield. In the UK there are several different types on Amazon.co.uk and mobilefun.co.uk).

12. ukzen

ukzen Well-Known Member

Amazon uk have the matt ones ,look for anti reflective type

13. oatikodi

Antireflective sounds great (I'm getting a bit fed up of not being able to read my HTC Desire in bright, direct sunlight and having to find a bit of shade to look at the screen).

Any recommendations for antireflective screen protectors?

14. PJD

PJD Well-Known Member

I purchased one from Amazon UK HTC Desire FX-ANTI_REFLECTION I don't have any problems just make sure your screen is polished no dust before applying

oatikodi likes this.
  15. blue90

blue90 Well-Known Member

Hey guys i hv been lookin for a matte screen protector but i cant find any proper ones, the ones that I find have poor reviews or seem dodgy :S. I really want the matte one because sometimes my screen doesnt feel smooth so as i hv used matte one on my friends iphone it was so smooth and even if ur hands r lil bit greasy it works well. I was also thinkin of either buyin a leather pouch or a case, can someone recommend me if i should go for a pouch or a case and wich one? Thanks in advance

edit: gimme uk links!

16. blue90

blue90 Well-Known Member

bump!

17. blue90

blue90 Well-Known Member

18. santanadrums

santanadrums New Member

Yes, I have had this. I got rid of my phone and purchased a different touch screen. I then went back to my blackberry. The new touch screens involve sensing your electrical wiring from your cells in your finger I believe. I am very sensitive to it. Just don't too much until they develop better technology. I went into anxiety and phobia which I am trying to learn to break. It sucks but I am guessing they will develop better tech since these is 1st generation touch screens.