Touch screen trouble.General

Last Updated:

1. cila19

cila19 Member This Topic's Starter

Hey. Im new to HTC. I am actully very satesfide with my eris. Except for just recently. My eris for some reason changes pages and slides on its own when im not touching it. and when i hold the phone its gets worse. How can i fix this? Another thing. When im typing sometimes the thing that says were the letters go moves and my words look all messed up. Example: im typing the word mississippi.. and halfway Threw the word it moves making it look like this --> sippimissis.. i dont eventouch that part of the screen.. one last thing.. when im ussing the internet on. my eris sometimes the phone clicks things randomly. It presses random bottons by its self :/ seems to me theres a sencor/ touch probblem. How can i fix all this? Thanks guys :)

Advertisement
  2. jamezelle

jamezelle Well-Known Member

it sounds hardware related to me. You should try taking it to Verizon to get it either fixed or replaced. Good luck and im sorry about your experience. HTC puts out quality phones but sometimes hardware fails. :)

3. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

do you have it on the charger when this happens or no?

4. justinr

justinr Active Member

also, do you have a screen protector on your phone? if so, which kind, because i was having similar problems, though not nearly as severe when i was using amzer's screen protectors...

5. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

It sounds like an issue with the trackball, actually. Perhaps some dirt is lodged in there? Does anybody know if there is a way to clean the trackball?

6. justinr

justinr Active Member

I just use a q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol.

7. cila19

Yes most of the time it acts up on the charger. I do have a screen protector. The one you are able to buy at any local verizon srore. Trackball is fine. Thanks for the tip first poster.

8. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

its the charger

sometimes touchscreen can freek out on the charger. rare for them to do it with the oem charger that came with it, but it has happened.

cila19 likes this.
  9. cila19

Thank you so much. You guys were a lot of help. Ill recomend this website to everyone. :)

10. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

+1 on this for me.

I returned my first Eris, thinking that this was unique to mine. The next two would also behave EXACTLY the same. When it's plugged into the wall. If it's plugged into the car charger or the computer, this never happens.

The capacitive touch screen works by electromagnetic fields, and when it's plugged into the wall, a GREATER electromagnetic field is created than plugged into the computer or the car, and as it is, TOO great for the capacitive touch screen to function properly. It happens, at random, to me on the stock charger, and also 3rd party chargers, that are plugged into the wall.

On the plus side, the phone does CHARGE faster when plugged into the wall, and I would say this is for the same reason that the touch screen goes haywire!