• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Touch screen turns back on during a call and hangs up!

yshrem

Lurker
Nov 7, 2010
This is a HUGE problem!
During a call, when I put the phone by my left ear, my ear and/or my cheek touch the screen, and though one would expect the buttons on the touch screen to be disabled during a call, when held against the ear and the face, I keep accidentally hanging up calls or in some other occasions, muting, having frustrated monologues to myself, thinking that the other person is ignoring me...
I mentioned using the left ear, because, it seems to have always happened when I held the phone by my left ear and not when I held it by my right ear.
I'm trying to find a more elegant solution, as dropping numerous calls is not an option. (today I dropped more than 15 calls).

Any suggestions?

This is a HUGE problem!
During a call, when I put the phone by my left ear, my ear and/or my cheek touch the screen, and though one would expect the buttons on the touch screen to be disabled during a call, when held against the ear and the face, I keep accidentally hanging up calls or in some other occasions, muting, having frustrated monologues to myself, thinking that the other person is ignoring me...
I mentioned using the left ear, because, it seems to have always happened when I held the phone by my left ear and not when I held it by my right ear.
I'm trying to find a more elegant solution, as dropping numerous calls is not an option. (today I dropped more than 15 calls).

Any suggestions?

I wish I had an answer -- I have the same problem and when I called AT&T, their answer was to turn the phone back in. I am left handed and hold the phone against my right ear, so I am wondering if that is part of the problem. I have also posted a question and will let you know what I find out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones