Support touch screen unresponsive...digitizer?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by crims0n, Jan 28, 2013.

1. crims0n

crims0n New Member

Jan 28, 2013
    First of all, hello to everyone on the forum, and thanks in advance for all your input.
    So I bought my droid 3 last December(13 months old), and yesterday, as I was sending a text message, the touch screen suddenly became unresponsive. I tried turning it off but couldn't touch "power off" so I went the 'battery pull' route, tried resetting several times, including some simple tests. Read around online, and also tried a factory reset(volume buttons and power button on restart). No dice. Also a side note, I dropped it back in July(2 days after ordering an otterbox) and spider cracked the screen, but up to yesterday, everything worked perfect, and I didn't feel like spending money for a cosmetic issue. Anyhow, I don't know if that's related but it seems highly possible.

After searching forums and online, I've come to the conclusion that I would like to buy a replacement digitizer kit, as this appears to be the main component of the touch screen. And my issue most likely seems to be hardware, rather than software.

So I guess my main question is, could there be any other issue, or is the digitizer most likely the problem? 30$ for the kit doesn't seem to bad, but I don't want to spend 30$ on something that won't fix my phone....err...my very expensive digital clock(at this point).

Thanks again for the input!

Advertisement
  2. doogald

doogald  
    Guide

Jan 7, 2010