touch screen unresponsive...digitizer?Support

Last Updated: 2013-01-29 01:33:00
  1. crims0n

crims0n New Member

First of all, hello to everyone on the forum, and thanks in advance for all your input.
    So I bought my droid 3 last December(13 months old), and yesterday, as I was sending a text message, the touch screen suddenly became unresponsive. I tried turning it off but couldn't touch "power off" so I went the 'battery pull' route, tried resetting several times, including some simple tests. Read around online, and also tried a factory reset(volume buttons and power button on restart). No dice. Also a side note, I dropped it back in July(2 days after ordering an otterbox) and spider cracked the screen, but up to yesterday, everything worked perfect, and I didn't feel like spending money for a cosmetic issue. Anyhow, I don't know if that's related but it seems highly possible.

After searching forums and online, I've come to the conclusion that I would like to buy a replacement digitizer kit, as this appears to be the main component of the touch screen. And my issue most likely seems to be hardware, rather than software.

So I guess my main question is, could there be any other issue, or is the digitizer most likely the problem? 30$ for the kit doesn't seem to bad, but I don't want to spend 30$ on something that won't fix my phone....err...my very expensive digital clock(at this point).

Thanks again for the input!

Advertisement
  2. doogald

doogald Guides Guide