touch to talk application ?General

Last Updated:

1. tbta02

tbta02 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

anyone have it yet ? i just installed on the advice of my friend who has an incredible . it turns it into a nextell . works perfect so far . question is does this use minutes ? curious as to how it really works . like it so far .

Advertisement
  2. contagous

contagous Well-Known Member

Does this only work with other people who have the app? can you explain a little about the program?

3. civicsisedan

civicsisedan Well-Known Member

i downloaded it earlier today.

I dont know if it uses minutes or not.

But it only works if you know someone else who has downloaded the app, and you use their regular phone number so its more private.

turns it into 2way. and you can just push to talk instead of having to text or call. there is no do not disturb feature so if you have the app running anyone can hit you up if they have the app and number.

4. umasslaxref

umasslaxref New Member

From App Brain, where I downloaded the application:

"Instantly talk to one or many of your friends with the touch of a button. All you need is their phone numbers. No more waiting for the phone to ring. Simple and free, TiKL turns your android phone into the ultimate Push To Talk (PTT) Walkie Talkie.

No voice plan or SMS used for calls."

5. t41n7ed

t41n7ed Member

I am using TiKL with a few friends, works flawlessly. It's in beta as of now so it doesn't look very appealing but it works nicely.

6. bezerk19

bezerk19 Well-Known Member

I just installed this app yesterday and I must say I love it! it works great no problems yet!

My only concern is, is there a way to turn it off? I work in a quiet environment and i don't want my friends yelling on my phone while i'm at work (I would like to turn it on only during lunch and after work).

Ive tried killing the application but when you get a call from a friend it turns on again.

I know its still in beta and i've read their website and they mentioned they wanted to implement other features such as do not disturb, so i'm assuming that functionality will be implemented later?

Any ideas?

7. Taylored

Taylored Well-Known Member

My brother(Mdroid) and I(Dinc) downloaded it yesterday. It works like it says. It is a little rough around the edges, but it is a neat idea. I cannot really see a use for it though. I only know 2 people other than myself who have android phones. Also, this is very intrusive. I work in a three man company, so it is not a big deal if I get disruptions like this, but I cannot see anyone with a real job being able to use this in it's current state. This would be an awesome app for the 14-22 age bracket.

This app relies on Media Volume. If you turn down your media volume, and turn on the vibrate feature, you will get a silent notification.

Try this for a quick solution:
    http://www.androlib.com/android.application.com-smartandroidapps-audiowidget-wnq.aspx