Touchdown for exhange on Evo??

Last Updated:

1. bc_co

bc_co Member This Topic's Starter

question:

#1 - I cannot believe how amazingly sucky the stock email program is for the EVO - or for Android. Good christ, what toolbox decided to have a base email program where you cannot even set up filters.... This leads to spending $20 to get an app that any Blackberry does in it's sleep....

#2 - I see that for Exchange by Touchdown - there is a message "Don't install on Incredible, use Exchange for Android"

As the Evo is pretty similar to the Incredible - should I just use "Exchange for Android" and not TD?

thanks - clearly I'm an Android newbie...

Advertisement
  2. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

If it doesn't work for the Incredible, its not going to work for the EVO. The BB is still the best email device on the market. You should just setup your filters on your computer.

3. asaberan

asaberan Well-Known Member

Personally I don't like Touchdown anyway. Tried it on a Moto Droid and a Samsung Moment. Seems too busy for some reason.

I haven't played around with the stock email client with my Exchange account yet, so maybe my opinion will change.

4. earlgsxbusa

earlgsxbusa Well-Known Member

I have installed touchdown on my EVO 2 hours ago and I have the stock mail on my work exchange and touchdown connected to my part time job's exchange.
    So far both are working great. As a matter of fact I like the contactlist on TD. Both send and receive as quick as my tour aS on a bes.
    Mind you, I am an it consultant and have been a long time Blackberry user and bes installer.6 years and been admin for Exchange since 5.5.
    All I am checking is how battery life is with both clients pushing.
    This is written on my new EVO.

5. bc_co

bc_co Member This Topic's Starter

thanks for the opinions folks. I may try the 5-day free Touchdown to see if I like it. Yes, i should set up some filters on my PC Outlook - but then getting 400 EM's/day - I'd worry about never reading many.

Also - I don't see my Outlook folders on the Evo - am I missing a setting?

Working for a Tier1 ISP has some drawbacks in regards to EM volume for sure...

6. jsward12

jsward12 Well-Known Member

Touchdown works for the Inc, they released an update a few days after the Inc was released to fix the issues. Go to Nitrodesks website for the details.

7. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

i used touchdown on the hero back in December or so and it kept the awake time nearly close to 100% so i ditched it. i needed it for the jobs exchange as they demanded us android users use TD instead of the built in app due to the security. now the built in app is much better (supports password protection) so i dont need to use TD...

8. clambert1273

clambert1273 Well-Known Member

took me a bit to discover this... when you are in the "exchange" touch Menu.. and then folders :)

I actually like it once I figured it out a bit :)