TouchFLO crashing??

Last Updated:

1. rainman

rainman New Member This Topic's Starter

Ive had my shiny new hero for a couple of days now and updated the firmware via the HTC site as soon as I took it out of the box.

Im finding that quite frequently im getting a popup window telling me...

"The application TouchFLO (Process com.htc.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.)

I then have to force close and wait a while for the touchFlo to restart... sometimes only to recieve the same message again only moments later!

Ive disconnected from facebook and stopped updating my contacts via google but to no avail! a factory reset fixed the problem only for a few hours! Ive not got alot of apps installed (I left most out after the factory reset) so i doubt its an app causing the problem.

I have also noticed (i dont think this is likely to be related?) that I dont have the Java app installed after the firmware update (its not in my app collection)

I would be sooo greatful if anybody has a solution... when its working this phone is just awsome!! but this is happening far to often, ive been looking forward to getting my hands on a Hero for months now but this has kinda taken the shine off im afraid :(

Advertisement
  2. kbalazs

kbalazs New Member

I have exactly the same problem with my hero. With the original firmware I had no problem at all (except slow response). I also noticed that the java app is missing from the app collection. I tried factory reset but nothing changed. Now I'm afraid the problem is related to the firmware update since I didn't find any complain on this forum beside of ours.