• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Touchless Con. Gone?

Bigwayno

Lurker
Jul 9, 2010
I know it is now Motor Voice but I can't seem to turn it on. I go to Settings>Touchless>and box is not checked. 1i click to check it, and nothing happens. I went to my settings and my "OK Google Detection" was off. I turned it on, went back to settings to see if touchless was on, and it's not... So confused.

Welcome to Android Forums.

Aren't there a number of options on that page? They should all be off.

Did you ever train the launch phrase?

(from my Droid Maxx ...)

Settings | Touchless Control the option Touchless Control should be checked.

Settings | Google | Search | Voice | "OK Google" detection the options "From Google Search app" and "From any screen" should NOT be checked.

... Thom

Upvote 0
All those options are off, and yes I trained, and yes I set up the "Me" contact as I saw you had a problem Thom. It worked awesome when I got Maxx last week then updated to moto voice and it's just not working. I can't go to Touchless and check the box. It won't let me. It just flashes that it knows I'm trying to check it, but won't check it.

Upvote 0
All those options are off, and yes I trained, and yes I set up the "Me" contact as I saw you had a problem Thom. It worked awesome when I got Maxx last week then updated to moto voice and it's just not working. I can't go to Touchless and check the box. It won't let me. It just flashes that it knows I'm trying to check it, but won't check it.

Do you have any apps disabled? Particularly any Motorola apps?

If you go into the play store and check my apps, are there any apps that need updates?

Upvote 0
I deleted all updates to Touchless. Works fine and can click on all options under settings. Anyone else have this problem?

Not me. I just did a factory reset last week so everything was reinstalled from scratch and mine is working fine, with all app updates. I asked about disabled apps because I think touchless controls may be dependent on other Motorola apps being updated in the play store.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones