Touchpal keyboard

Last Updated:

1. Hannan100

Hannan100 Member This Topic's Starter

Apparently no one wanted to help me in the Help Us Help You post, so I thought I'd make my own thread.

Whenever I try to input text in any application using Touchpal, as soon as I press the first letter, it shows the letter I pressed as it should, but then closes down the soft keyboard. This problem only started yesterday and is only with the Touchpal Keyboard. I'v tried turning it off and on again, but to no avail.
    I've also found that it is only the letters that don't work, sliding to use the numbers and symbols still works just fine.

This happen to any body else? I'm using a T-Mobile Pulse by the way.

Advertisement
  2. Hannan100

Bumpity Bump

3. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

What is touchpal o.o

4. Hannan100

It came with the phone as an alternative to the android keyboard: TouchPal

5. mkhopper

mkhopper Well-Known Member

Odd. I've been using TP since it first appeared in the Market (and can't wait for it to be officially re-released) and have never had that issue.

When you say you've tried turning it off and on again, do you mean the phone or support for the TouchPal keyboard?

If you haven't already, I would try re-enabling the stock keyboard with a long press on a text field, SMS or something, enter some text and then close the app.
    Open the app again and long press to enable the TouchPal keyboard again and see if that fixes the problem.

6. Hannan100

Took some doing but I got it fixed, I had to clear the app data for TouchPal and its language pack. It works fine now.

7. Housefull

Housefull New Member

I'm not sure but I think it's a hardware thing , so maybe you have to send it back for repair or replacement

8. monsieurdiarra

monsieurdiarra New Member

Hi,

I have experience the exact same problem as mentioned by Hannan100.

I have no problem using the slide, but as soon as I press a single letter the keyboard freezes.
    40% of the time the keyboard would reboot after 20 seconds freeze.
    60% of the time it freezes for so long that I have to restart my cellphone.

I have been using Touchpal on my Samsung Galaxy SIII (GT-I9300) for two months already, without any problem until now.
    I'm using Android 4.1.1, Kernel 3.0.31 - 288630.

After having tried other "slide" keyboards, I really want to be able to use Touchpal. It has, from my experience, the best predictions, the best feel, and it's also the most responsive slide keyboard.

I would so much appreciate any help!

Cheers,