Touchscreen Accuracy: DROID vs. Nexus 1 (w/ video)

1. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

Our Nexus One brothers just can't catch a break. The touchscreen accuracy on the Nexus One has been LONG documented with inaccuracy and unresponsiveness. Now, it seems that there is a lack of multi-touch fidelity in the N1 screen. Frustrated by their experience, one dude (Robert Green of Battery Powered Games) decided to create an app to get to the bottom of the issue. As you can see in the video, the N1 seems to lose track of the actual finger input, particularly if those inputs cross axes.

"When would you ever do something like that?" You ask. Anytime you're doing MT where you're rotating, pinching, say in Google Earth or something. Some have said it's an issue with the app, but it appears these guys know something about scientific method, because they test the app on the DROID and that device has no problem executing the app with perfection.

What do you all think?

YouTube - Motorola Droid vs Nexus One: Multitouch Test

Advertisement
    :
  2. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

The other thing worth noting is the lag as displayed from the N1 when the input moves up and down really quickly. You can see the input dot lag behind where the finger actually is. They speculate the quality of the touchscreen. I know that the DROID has an elaborate touchscreen overlay with the glass, so maybe that's why?

Here's another area in which MT is messed up in the N1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsSUqkh8pcI&feature=player_embedded
  3. jasonb1985

jasonb1985 Well-Known Member

wow. that's pretty sucky. just more proof that the droid is still the better phone.
  4. Meticode

Meticode Member

Isn't it a good possibility that it's a software problem with the phone? I personally have the Droid, love it, glad there seems to be no touchscreen problem with it so far.
  5. jasonb1985

could be software... could be hardware.... hell it could be a combination of both. either way, it's buggy.
  6. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

Quite possible. Even in the article I read (Engadget I think?), they said it may be possible to fix it via a firmware update, but no one really knows...
  7. jasonb1985

i wonder if all the N1's issues will be resolved on the verizon version. we all know the phone will sell much better on verizon that it has on tmobile.
  8. xodustrance

xodustrance Well-Known Member

Doubt the carrier is the issue. I have heard several sources peg the droid as having a MUCH MUCH better touchscreen
  9. emdmao

emdmao Well-Known Member

Damn that's pretty crazy. How could HTC release the phone with those issues?
  10. DDG

DDG Well-Known Member

:eek: Maybe it's due to 2.1???????
  11. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

Coughcough..ahem..

Droid does.