Touchscreen acts possessedSupport

1. franksnbeans

franksnbeans Member

Frustrated because I have had this TBolt since its launch and any minor bugs thus far have been more than worth the tradeoff for the things I get in a Tbolt. This problem has rendered my TBolt useless 80% of the time. The touchscreen literally acts possessed with the screen shaking buttons being pressed and so on. Cant surf, cant navigate, cant do anything. I try restarting my phone but its up to the same tricks within minutes. Same with a battery pull. Anyone experience this or better yet know of a solution?

Advertisement
  2. thorthunderblt

thorthunderblt Well-Known Member

The only thing that bug me about the touchscreen is. When i am surfing the net and i slowly scroll up or down and all of a sudden it goes really fast and i have to stop it and try scrolling again. I dont know if its the browser (i use Dolphin HD) or if its the touch screen.
  3. mattbirk

mattbirk Well-Known Member

Verizon will replace it if it seems to be hardware defect.

Has it dropped much or at all? If it looks like no, than give vzw a call.
  4. 3ricG

3ricG Well-Known Member

This happened with my fist Thunderbolt. At first I was able to fix it by locking and unlocking my screen, but after a week, it was unusable. I got it replaced at the verizon store I bought it from. Once I showed them the issue, they agreed that there was nothing I could have done to cause the problem. Out of curiosity, where on your screen is this occurring
  5. seVer

seVer Well-Known Member

factory reset. dont sign in to anything (not even gmail). test it out- if it works, then the phone is fine and something else caused the issue. if it has problems with nothing loaded, then get it replaced.

do this BEFORE you call, otherwise you're going to spend that much more time on the phone when they have you do it anyway.

oh, and turn off the backup/restore settings in privacy, otherwise everything gets loaded again when you sign in to gmail- which could also auto-reload the problem.
  6. franksnbeans

franksnbeans Member

Happens all over. Not isolated. The locking and unlocking used to work as well. Is this a problem I can call verizon about or do I need to take it in to a store?
  7. seVer

seVer Well-Known Member

take your pick. if the reset doesnt fix it, I would personally take it to a store so they can verify the issue. direct stores can also order a replacement...
  8. CyberPitz

CyberPitz Well-Known Member

Does this happen only when charging or at all times?
  9. franksnbeans

franksnbeans Member

all the time. Especially frustrating when Im trying to play angry birds or surf the web on the crapper at work.
  10. TheBeachBoy

TheBeachBoy Well-Known Member

I had a similar problem with my OG Droid, but unfortunately it was out of warranty. I did factory resets and the whole deal, but it still had the problem. I would take it down to the store so an employee can actually see it and verify the issue.
  11. racefan25

racefan25 Well-Known Member

Mine did the exact same thing could not scroll photos or text some letters and it had a mind of its own but took to store no questions asked they just ordered me a new phone and just got my replacement today. Mine started doing this right after the last ota update I did not want but the phone started to install on its own or it unlocked in my pocket and it popped up and I bumped the phone in the wrong place.