1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Touchscreen Input Ideas

Last Updated:

1. davidthefat

davidthefat Member This Topic's Starter

Ok This is my first post and an aspiring programmer (I guess you can call me that) I want to know what type of input would be the best for a 2d game using only the touchscreen? I want to know from a gamer's point of view. I want to know if the buttons mapped on the screen is more user friendly or that "Point and click" type of input like what you would do with a mouse but touching instead? Or something dramaic with the multi touch that some devices have, but that limits the audience to a couple devices

People may argue an all touch screen input is a terrible Idea, but look at all the Android devices, most if not all have touchscreen and some ONLY have touch screen. So I would like to reach the majority of the audience.

Game Ideas:
    -2d Side Scrolling RPG
    -Only Touchscreen Input
    -Offline Game Play Only
    -Traditional RPG with classes/jobs and races

Keep in mind, I have not gotten an adroid phone yet, will have to wait 1 month before I can upgrade my contract.

Advertisement
  2. craigrn16

craigrn16 Well-Known Member

Make it fun. Enable multitoich for 2.0 and up. Good graphics. Have game start up use internal memory while the rest be downloadable to SD card so you can really polish the game instead of cutting corners because of memory.

3. xaMax

xaMax Member

definatley multitouch
    (what phone are you planinng on getting???)
    maybe a onscrren joystick like at the bottom left the like maybe some other button at bootom right mayb like a gameboy

4. davidthefat

davidthefat Member This Topic's Starter

Im getting the Eris

5. xaMax

xaMax Member

Oh cool its a good phone :)