1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Touchscreen is going crazy!!Support

1. dc2109

dc2109 New Member

Had the x10 for a few months now, and at the start i loved it!! Yes the battery life was an issue but got better over time although can basically never leave any apps running.

But now, my touchscreen is totally messed up, i touch one area of the phone and it either doesn't respond or it just starts going crazy. Countless times i have had to either lock my phone and try again or switch it off completely which is a task in itself because of the screen not responding so the only solution is to remove the battery. When texting, i for example will press the letter a next thing i know its hit every other key other than a. I'm even struggling to answer my phone when receiving a call as again the screen won't respond correctly to unlock it.
    My partner got her phone at the exact same time and hers is doing the exact same thing.
    Is this a common thing for the handset?

Advertisement
    :
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

I guess the first advice you are likely to get from SE is to run a repair/update via PC Companion or SEUS. If that doesn't fix it I would ask for a repair under warranty. This shouldn't be happening. My son had an LG touchscreen that started being unresponsive or selecting an app other than the one being pressed. TMobile UK took the phone in, screen replaced and returned in just over a fortnight. Don't know what SE repair times are like. It seems to depend where in the world you are.

Touch wood, I haven't experienced this with my X10.
    jhnelo likes this.
  3. daviddakota

daviddakota Well-Known Member

I have noticed that with either exceptionally warm hands - such as after the washing up - or slightly damp hands, the touchscreen can go mental. So I avoid using it after washing up for 10 mins.

Perhaps though it is excess moisture/heat on your hands?
  4. Merolas

Merolas Well-Known Member

I don't know but my handset (bought in july) have sometimes issues of touch, like options not showing up of even sticky keys...just hope it wont go worse.
  5. hoss183

hoss183 New Member

I'm having a similar problem. Xperia X10 Mini (ST15i)
    Just after waking it, the touch screen goes crazy, making multiple presses on its own. This lasts for about 10-20 seconds then the phone works normally.
    It makes answering calls or just popping the phone out to use impossible, as i have to wait until it settles.
    Its persisted after the recent firmware update, so i think its a physical problem.

I was pondering getting a Xperia Ray to replace, but nervous now about the same thing happening.
  6. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

It is certainly not a common issue but general a software update would resolve this. However there other things that can cause this like third party screen protectors or cases or even just a build up of grime/dirt on the screen. If none of these are the cause then the handset would generally need to go to a repair agent for assessment.
  7. ChudleyOne

ChudleyOne Well-Known Member

I've only had this happen to my X10 once after my 6 year old had been playing Angry Birds. A good screen cleaning resolved my issue. Good luck!
  8. BlownGP

BlownGP Active Member

Mine likes to think I hit the screen 1000 times and just puts a bunch of bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb or whatever letters I hit ONCE. lol
    Makes it impossible to text.

Now that I think about. Hasnt done it in a while.
  9. XploD

XploD New Member

Hi!

I have the same problems with my X10. I bought it 2 years ago at this time (end of december). First time it started occuring a year ago somewhere in november. It started occuring occasionaly, and then more and more till it got to daily basis. I sent it to a repair under warranty.

They changed the front panel with digitizer and repaired software. It worked fine untill this september. Then it occured a few times again. I changed a few kernels and ROMs thinking that the problem is software related but it's not. Now I'm on DoomKernel and DonutHD 2.2.9. and the problem is occuring on a daily basis again.

So it isn't the software and probably not the digitizer since it was replaced once. A local repair shop suggested me the re-soldering of the whole board because it's probably a problem with contact on some of the parts inside. But this is an expensive method and they don't guarantee that they wont destroy my phone.

Has somebody found a solution to this problem!? I'll try to put a screen protector on it or to take apart my phone and clean it from inside but I don't think that this will solve the problem.

I'm desperate :( Thinking about buying a new phone.