• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help touchscreen issue with finger

an0nymous89

Lurker
Apr 29, 2012
Hi guys, just got my note few days ago. It's work pretty well with only one problem.

I'm having issue with the touch screen. There is a blank spot that won't response to my finger but with the s-pen works fine. looks like it's a software is a issue as the a-pen doesn't have that issue.

I have attached a photo of the test that is provides by the phone.

This problems is a big issue as it's stopping me pressing a few things on the screen. Eg. Adding a new icon on the screen is a problem as I can't press the application button after selecting

please help

Attachments

• IMG-20120430-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20120430-WA0000.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 234
My friend just went to the shop for me and they said its normal.

could anyone here with a galaxy note run the touch screen finger test for me on their phone so i can prove them wrong.

my friend is a girl and doesnt know much about technology.

To run the test :

go to your number pad and enter *#0*# and that will take you to the LCD testing screen. then click on the touch button and run your finger along them boxes and let me know do you get the same result as me.

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
test it without it being connected to the charger. samsung screens have issues when connected. happened to mine too.

Depends on the charger. My stock charger and a batch of Nokia N900 chargers (I bought five) work just fine. I could even run the touchscreen test above without a problem.

Only noname chargers caused this problem with my phone (and also a Sony Ericsson).

Regards,
Eric Ritchie.

Upvote 0
Went to my local phone store and tested and it passed the test fine. so there is a problem with my phone.

My friend contacted samsung in Hk and they said its a software issue, but i have done a few factory resets and didnt fix the problem.

going to bring it to the local repair center and see what they say.

Can any confirm there is 2 touch screen sensors on the phone one for the spen and one for finger touch ?

Upvote 0
The two systems are completely independent. Finger touch uses capacitance sensors built into an array in the screen while the s-pen is a passive digitiser that uses an induction field to detect the position and pressure status of the pen tip. The pen is actually detected even when it is not in contact with the the screen surface. This system is provided by Wacom, who are the leaders in the field of graphics digitiser tablets.

Ian

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones