• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

touchscreen issues

idiggplants

Mar 10, 2011
ok, i dont know if this is the right subforum.. but im having some seriously weird issues with my touchscreen.

i got the phone (mytouch 3g slide) from a friend of mine. she had no issues with the phone. she did a factory reset on it, and gave it to me... i unlocked it to run on at&t. everything is good in my world, except sometimes... especially after it has been locked for a while, but sometimes its random... sometimes it all of a sudden wont take my touch input. like if i touch in the lower right, it thinks im touching in the upper right. and visa versa. sometimes it thinks a touch is a zoom.. touch in the lower left and it things im pinch zooming... in or out.

its making the phone unusable as i never know when i am not going to be able to answer a call, or search my email.

so why did it all of a sudden start happening? is there a bug fix? is there a way to reset the phone's OS and start from scratch? or is this a hardware issue?

thanks for your help!!!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones