Touchscreen problems......Support

Last Updated:

1. shawheim_a

shawheim_a Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ever since the upgrade to froyo I have been having nothin but problems out of my touchscreen. My status bar in portrait mode doesn't drag properly, anything in the top area never responds with touch, none of my keyboards function properly they work at times but some letters can't be pressed, the lockscreen takes 4 or 5 tries to get it to unlock, things press and move without me touching anything. There are more things but this is so hard to type on my phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated. More to come once I get off work.

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

try a hard reset, if that doesnt help, i would call sprint for a replacement.

3. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

Yes I would definitely do the hard reset. If it wasn't doing it before the upgrade than I doubt it is hardware and just needs a fresh start... Perhaps an app you have doesn't like Froyo yet? DO you have anything that does any kind of configuration of the Touchscreen or Locking mechanism? So many variables...

4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

5. shawheim_a

i had lockbot but uninstalled that about a week ago. i was previously on the leaked .3 froyo and had the same touchscreen problems. did the ruu .6 update and reset everything. started from scratch. its just weird that i can go hours and my phone be fine, then all of a sudden it goes haywire. its quite the peculiar thing. i use launcher pro. ill post my list of apps from app brain shawheim's Apps on the HTC Evo 4G let me kno if you see anything fishy in there.

6. sikclown

At a quick glance the only thing I see it that HomeSwitcher says it doesn't Support Froyo 2.2 because of API change. Do you have that installed because of Launcher Pro?

7. shawheim_a

I had home switcher previously when the stock home was available. I had a few home replacements. It's still there from synchronizing my apps to appbrain. It's not being used so ill delete it and see if it helps.

8. sikclown

Honestly if I were you I would just do a good backup and then hard reset... if that doesn't fix it you are going to have to get Sprint to get you a new phone anyway so nothing to lose.

9. shawheim_a

Phone has been reset twice.

10. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Then take it to sprint for a replacement.