• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Touchscreen problems?

Yeah, that can potentially fix your phone, provided you can get a hold of a factory firmware image (a tot file) and dll for your phone. We have a process for this for the original Volt, but only because one of our members shelled out $100 to buy the firmware image from LG. Try looking for a Volt 2 tot file. Don't know if you'll find one, but it's about your only option now. There's the possibility you could sneak it through LG for a warranty replacement, but that's assuming they don't bother to check for tampering.

Thanks again everyone for all the help. I didn't yet succeed but I learned a TON..

Upvote 0
I came here because my LG Volt 2 touch screen completely stopped working 2 days ago. I did the soft reset of removing the battery and after several attempts with no results I decided to do a factory reset. Once I did that it got stuck on the Activation screen so, I Googled "touch screen not working" and here I am. I have read this entire thread and I was thinking there may still be hope.

I am a bit confused as to whether or not I can download Kingroot, Flashify, etc. for the LG Volt 2 or if that is only for the LG Volt? Are those links to those downloads up-to-date? If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones