Touchscreen recovery

Last Updated:

1. mysticspiral

mysticspiral Well-Known Member

I installed the touchscreen recovery app. And I lost my 3g. I went into T.B . did a restore then phone boot looped. Has anyone else had this problem.

Advertisement
  2. vce2005

vce2005 Well-Known Member

Hi nope, not that I know of that anyone has this problem. The TWRP is installed in a recovery section and should not effect anything regarding 3g.....

Are you rooted with a custom ROM or stock ? If you are on stock, you also need to flash ( Install ) the stick.zip from within TWRP !
    mysticspiral likes this.
  3. mysticspiral

Im on stock rooted fe16
  4. vce2005

You need to install TWRP and boot back into recovery and from there select "Install" and then select "stick.zip" ( which needs to be in the root of your sd-card !!! Then reboot normally.....
    mysticspiral likes this.
  5. rm50

rm50 Well-Known Member

You need to tell us step by step what you did to install TWrp.
    How exactly did you install it.
    mysticspiral likes this.
  6. vce2005

Just copy the .zip to the root of your sd-card, then go into CWM Recovery and run "Instaall zip from SD-Card" ! That's it........... If you are rooted on Stock, you need to boot back into the new recovery after you installed it and select "Install" from the new menu and install " stick.zip " ( which you also copied to your SD-Card !

That's all !
    mysticspiral likes this.
  7. downthemachine

downthemachine Developer Incognito VIP Member

I posted about this on the xda thread. It appears that twrp has issues with the rts file format. I believe that was the issue. So right now it may not be recommended for stock
  8. mysticspiral

I am aware that the thread has already been pulled on TWrp . I wanted to thank everyone who tried to help me out with it. I apologize that it has taken me so long to reply. :)
  9. mysticspiral

Thank you for the help . I apologize that it took so long for me to reply. I had gotten frustrated. .. I had to do a little soul searchin. Anyhow I apologize and again thank you.:)
  10. mysticspiral

I apologize for such a late reply , thank you for trying to help me.
  11. creed10

creed10 Well-Known Member

Did hroark release the prevail twrp port again? There were problems with it, but hroark said he'd get on it when he had time. Is it somewhere else? If so, could you get me a link. And if not, is it against the rules for someone to send me the zip/Odin image that they flashed? Thanks :)
  12. mysticspiral

As far as I know it hasnt been released again,and
    Yes it is against the rules .the twrp was pulled. Go to xda developement maybe someone could help you there.
  13. downthemachine

As stated, it was pulled for a reason. It does not work correctly.
  14. theonewho

theonewho Well-Known Member

So this should only affect the stock rom? I have twrp installed with Half-Ass rom and so far I haven't noticed any problems. But I don't use twrp very often either. Should I go back to cwm maybe?
  15. cwhatever

cwhatever Life Goes On Guide

They might say switch back but if is working fine then I would leave it. If you make a backup just try to restore it after making it and if is succesfull, I wouldn't worry about it. I bet others are still using it too.
  16. downthemachine

I don't know all the bugs for the prevail. I would check the xda thread. Either way, developer felt it wasn't working to his standards, hence why it was pulled
    Lordvincent 90 likes this.