• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Touchscreen stopped working

Earlier my phone was playing Pandora and acting fine, but I couldn't unlock it because the touch screen wasn't responding. I had just came in from the rain and my fingertips were a little wet, so I figured it wasn't registering because of that, even though it usually handles moisture on hands just fine.

After my hands wee completely dried, the phone still wouldn't respond, and all that works is the sidekeys, send, menu, and end buttons. Nothing on the screen, nor the Home, Menu, or Back buttons work. I tried removing the battery a few times, and eventually the phone wouldn't even turn back on. After trying a hard reset, it was able to turn on and finally booted up after about 10 minutes of just a SAMSUNG logo, but the screen still won't work. It turned off on it's own after a few minutes and now won't turn on again.

Are there any solutions to this, or do I have to go to Sprint and have them fix it? I have full insurance on the phone, which I assume would cover this, but I'm working all day today and won't have time to go to Sprint even if I had to until tomorrow, so I'm hoping there's something I could try here, or from the boot menu.

It does sound like the phone got wet. If it did, stop using it NOW, pull the battery and dry it out for at least 24hrs (dry rice in a ziplock works well). Unless they ding for water damage, you shouldn't need to use insurance. The Moment has a 1 year warranty and the phone was released 9 months ago. Every Moment out there is still under warranty.

BTW, how did you do a hard reset without turning the phone on?

Upvote 0
I'm not sure about it being wet, because my hands were just a barely wet at the time, and I've touched the phone a million times in weter situations.

I was able to turn it on with volume down/send/end, and then able to press the menu button to select the reboot. I can get it to turn on as long as I turn it on that way, but can't get anywhere past the unlock slider. It still just randomly turns off at certain points, even with charged battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones