• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help TouchWiz Keeps crashing when using S-Pen

ginsy

Lurker
Jul 17, 2013
Is this just me or anyone else? When ever I use my S-Pen I can us it for about a minutes but then after awhile it crashes. It's really annoying, I keep getting the same error "Unfortunately, TouchWiz home has stopped" and then I'm forced back to the app that I originally started using the S-Pen in. I'm running the latest software that AT&T will let me run. 4.1.2

Is this happening to anyone else? or is it just me?

Is this just me or anyone else? When ever I use my S-Pen I can us it for about a minutes but then after awhile it crashes. It's really annoying, I keep getting the same error "Unfortunately, TouchWiz home has stopped" and then I'm forced back to the app that I originally started using the S-Pen in. I'm running the latest software that AT&T will let me run. 4.1.2

Is this happening to anyone else? or is it just me?

Welcome to the forums, ginsy.

That's a pretty bad thing to be happening, considering the s-pen is one of the features of the Note 2 that is supposed to be special.

Have you downloaded any new apps or widgets lately? If so, maybe they're interfering with the stock launcher's services.

But I'd first use the Application Manager in the main settings menu to clear cache and data on just about everything, then shut down the device and remove the battery, SIM card and sd card. Wait a minute and put it all back in and power up and test for normal functionality.

If issues persist, it may be time to perform a factory data reset. That's in the "backup and reset" menu item in the main settings menu, too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones