touchwiz killed somehow?Support

Last Updated:

1. hrez2kx

hrez2kx Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 28, 2010
    Okay bare with me on this. Here's the state of my phone: I originally rooted so I could remove the verizon bloat/crap. Then I realized I couldn't get OTA updates (and I'm not the type that wants to keep manually updating the ROM on my phone). So I did the "back to stock" flash that unroots the phone and grabbed the OTA update. Since then I've been using Launcher Pro just to hide the programs I don't like.

Now, somewhere in this process, the touchwiz homescreen got killed. If I kill Launcher Pro, all I'm left with is a black screen with nothing on it. No TwLauncher dock, nothing. When the phone boots up initially, I'll have that black screen, then launcher pro and my wallpaper will appear over it as well.

Any ideas how this happened? And could this hurt the operation of my phone?

2. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Hmmm, odd indeed. Here are some random thoughts at 1AM from me. Do you have HomeSwitcher? If not get it. If so when you open it is the Touch Wiz option not even there? If not perhaps you somehow delete it when you were bloat-mowing. However, if you re-flashed the ROM that could not be it. I do know if you have HomeSwitcher and set LP as the default upon boot up you wont ever go thru TW at all; its seamless.
    There has been some debate over whether TouchWiz was something which could be removed. I know I left mine on