TouchWiz UI

Last Updated:

1. WalMarx

WalMarx Member This Topic's Starter

So, this is my first post here, and I haven't been lurking the forums enough to know if such a thread exists, so I'm sorry if it's a repeath, but I would like to know whether you guys like or dislike TouchWiz 3.0 on the Galaxy S phones, why, and whether it's worth it to use ADW.Launcher or LauncherPro.

Advertisement
  2. DeliDave

DeliDave Member

I was about to download launcher pro

If I do not like it - I presume I just delete it and go back to the whiz...

I am new to android - coming over from the iPhone (dark side)!!!

Also - how to stop the SMS client that came with the phone. I do hand cent and seem to like this a lot more. But now I have to delete both...

One last ? - what is everyones opinion of k-9 email????

3. TDQuiksilver

TDQuiksilver Well-Known Member

It's all about how you want the phone to look and feel. Many claim UI speed improvements with ADW and LP. They also offers a huge amount of themes, icons, etc. If you're into heavy customization then these are for you.

If you're looking for simplicity, TouchWiz isn't all that bad of a UI to keep around.

4. ericos123

ericos123 Member

can someone upload the touch wiz apk file for me deleted it and it didnt copy to my sd card

5. WalMarx

WalMarx Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the reply TD. Are there any inherent problems to TouchWiz that would make me want to move away from it? Battery draining, perhaps? I read a few posts on here that say that ADW.Launcher gives prolonged battery life. Any truth to that?

6. TDQuiksilver

TDQuiksilver Well-Known Member

Yes. Many claim speed improvements by having the optimized code and less CPU load (and thus less load on the battery) by using ADW. Same story for LP.

I would assume the gap between TouchWiz and LP/ADW will be much smaller once Froyo hits next month. That's in terms of speed, load times, etc.

Like I said, the only real drawback to TouchWiz is the lack of customizing that you can do. Otherwise it's very polished IMO.

WalMarx likes this.