Touchwiz

Last Updated:

1. yahoowizard

yahoowizard Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just want to know what exactly TouchWiz is, since it seems to be the only thing that keeps me from buying this phone over the iPhone 4 at the moment. Everyone keeps saying that it slows the phone down, and each person has something different to say about the possibility of removing it and the phone running faster. Would be nice to clarify on that, since it seems like some people just got lucky with their phones, they're just used to a slower speed, or that the other people just don't know how to remove all the bloatware properly.

Advertisement
  2. rrrrramos

rrrrramos Well-Known Member

It's just the custom UI that Samsung decided to use for the phone. There are TONS of other launchers available in the market, and some are even proving to speed up the phone. I personally use ADW.launcher and it does run faster, smoother transitions. I used Launcher Pro Beta for a while, but found that I got better battery life using ADW. It's a great phone, takes a bit of tinkering (for most at least) to get good battery life though.

3. yahoowizard

yahoowizard Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So, that takes out the main con for the Samsung Captivate, I guess. Just wish it was a bit cheaper, especially as I'm going to be upgrading my phone with AT&T, but it doesn't seem that simple. Any idea if there's going to be a price drop in the near future, since Samsung does tend to pull of pretty early price drops at times.

4. Simba501

Simba501 Well-Known Member

I just recently started using ADW.Launcher....what tweaks did you make?