touchy while Charing.Support

Last Updated:

1. ChadWilliam1

ChadWilliam1 Well-Known Member

my commando is real sensitive and hard to use while charging. this is my second commando and they are both that way. no matter which charger I use it does the same thing. anybody else have this issue or a solution?

Advertisement
  2. jova33

jova33 Well-Known Member

Yep. Try using Swype while charging, impossible. No clue why.
  3. Spike G

Spike G Well-Known Member

Same here jova it has to do with the voltage I'm assuming
  4. john58ford

john58ford Well-Known Member

You should check your chargers for AC ripple. It can cause havoc with capacitive screens and also reduce battery lifetimes.
  5. jova33

jova33 Well-Known Member

AC what?
  6. john58ford

john58ford Well-Known Member

In my line of work we just call it ripple. You can wiki it. Buy a female micro USB like the one in your commando. Should be like 2 bucks at the radio shack. Connect it to your charger. Be cautious not to short the connections. With charger plugged in check for DC voltage on the pins. You should find 5v +/-.5v. Set your meter to check AC. Check from your live pins to the ground hole in your electrical outlet. If you find greater than .5 volt AC on either leg either chuck your charger or splice the wire and toss in some inductors in series or a big cap in parallel. Good luck.
  7. Spike G

Spike G Well-Known Member

On my old charger it would always do it, now it's just when connected to my computer, wall outlet is fine
  8. Turkeyisgewd

Turkeyisgewd New Member

Mine does this as well. Good thing it is rugged because I tend to get frustrated and turn into a mongoloid launching the phone across the room at the wall.