• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Kairosgrammy

Jun 14, 2010
I rooted my phone yesterday and it worked like a dream. I have lookout on my and when I was downloading and rooting etc. lookout popped up and said it was a dangerous app. I ignored it and did it all anyway. At any rate today, Lookout popped up again today proclaiming towel root to be horrible and I again canceled it. I didn't see a way to tell lookout not to notify me any longer. Since I've rooted do I still need towel root file on my phone? I know that's probably a stupid question, but I'm clueless. I don't think it will but I don't want to delete it and then find out I screwed up my phone. LOL I took a big enough chance just voiding the warranty.

Perfect easy response. A lot of times people leave left over root files in their device directories just as a just in case the phone is using it. These can be Zip files or even APK files that were moved over. Most cases, pretty much all cases, these can be deleted and removed from the device. They just take up space and aren't needed after the rooting is complete. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones