• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tower Defence Game

Hey guys, just found the topic, I'm the developer behind Plox: Tower Defense (by ChickenBrick)... It's planned to come out this week (with the launch of paid apps) for $1.99...

We're obviously very excited about it, but I don't wanna sit here and spam you guys with why I think its great =P

Just stopping in to let you know that a good TowerD _will_ be available, very soon =P

Let me know if you guys have any questions, I'd be more than willing to answer them =P

Upvote 0
Is the game multiplayer? Plans for that?
Currently no, in the future possibly, but we haven't come up with a reliable model for real-time gaming on mobile devices (due to the latency involved in cellular data communications).

Any online components?
Yep, currently offers a "Game of the Week" feature, which allows for us to add maps/level-sets on a weekly basis (ships with 1 new map, and 1 new level set).

Also allows for submitting of scores (when you lose/win).

Any try before you buy options?
Currently no, but in the next week or two, we will be working on a (and I hate saying it) "Stripped down" version of the game as a demo, which will offer the first level (Easy). So that people have an idea of the gameplay before they purchase.

Upvote 0
Instead of even thinking "stripped down", maybe it would be better if you offered a tutorial level, the kind that pauses and explains how to play for those TD neophytes and then the full "easy" level 1. Might be easier for you and be more true to the purchase for the users.

Sounds pretty awesome all around.

I enjoy the multiplayer real time game Dojo Cubed on my G1, they offer it as a J2ME app on many phones globally not just the G1. They even offer a web vers. which you can play against mobile users. Not sure of their back end, but worth researching.

Good luck with the release.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones