1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Tower Raiders (Beta)

Last Updated:

1. GadgetAddicted

GadgetAddicted Member This Topic's Starter

As an alternative to RoboDefense (which pretty much everyone seems to enjoy), has anyone tried Tower Raiders Beta? Its on the market and is pretty good. Definitely worth a shot.

(yes, I posted this in the RoboDefense thread, but that's a pretty old and long one...)

Advertisement
  2. JediJesus

JediJesus Well-Known Member

ya this game is bad ass and its free. If he can get the frame rate and the sound fixed then I could easily pay $2-$3 for it. I assuming he will charge when the beta is done.

3. salimundo

salimundo Active Member

I agree, very good game and he is constantly updating and releasing stuff for it.

4. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

I can't find it on the UK Android market and I scanned the barcode :)

5. selamet_1981

selamet_1981 New Member

6. nnklem

nnklem Member

To anybody playing this game, I could use some tips/help for level 5, The Old Railroad. I flew through the first four levels and then hit a brick wall with this level. I have been trying for days to beat it with no luck. I can get through about 10-12 waves before I get overrun. Any experts out there?

argenzjc likes this.
  7. jim_h

jim_h Well-Known Member

Carl, I searched for "tower" in the UK market and there are two games that look like they might be the ones mentioned in this thread.

One is "Tower Raiders BLACK" and costs $3.99 by Gianormous Games
    The other is "Tower Raiders FREE" by the same company.

8. argenzjc

argenzjc New Member

Me too. I'm still stuck on Level 5. Any solutions? I've gotten up to Wave 16.

9. supraz

supraz New Member

For level 5 dont worry about the wave on the far right side. When they come out at the left immediately cut them off and route them right side of the map. Then route them back to the left. Creating kind of a zig-zag pattern. This way they are constantly passing some kind of gun and they are getting hit from both sides. Hope that makes sense. took me 12 tries to figure it out lol. Now its pretty easy.

Anyone got any pointers on level 11?

nnklem likes this.
  10. argenzjc

argenzjc New Member

After 14 tries I got this!

Build around crystals first (cold, mini, cannon).

Then, build a cannon far right across from the crystals because something is going to get past that.

Then, build in the box above the crystals (cold, LOTS of cannons, and a laser. I like putting a flame next to the cold to watch the little guys burn).

Once you have a few things up there, start adding a cold and cannons to the EXIT. Add a laser too.

Upgrade your colds to give them bigger range.

That will establish some good defense. Build up some resources.

No reason to re-route anyone with this strategy or even build in the lower left.

You WILL only be left with a few crystals. If anyone has a more efficient strategy, let me know!

Level 6 is a piece of cake.

nnklem likes this.
  11. G8D

G8D Well-Known Member

Don't like it.

I do however enjoy Robo Defense and CrystalLight.

12. nnklem

nnklem Member

Damn I hate this game. I tried both strategies above and niether worked for me. It sucks being stuck on the same level for over a week. May have to uninstall before it drives me crazy.

13. Teegunn

Teegunn Well-Known Member

Tower Raiders 1 was by far my favorite android game to date. So far I am loving TR 2 beta also. Definitely upgraded in every way that I can tell so far. Only bad part is now I will whittle away hours playing it when I should be doing other things. :)

14. GrenW

GrenW Well-Known Member

Likewise. Despite rubbish graphics TR1 was my favourite tower game and I've played a few.

The new one looks better and am hoping for at least as many maps as the first one along with the new rewards. New graphics can only go so far more of the same or better gameplay is what makes a winner.

15. Teegunn

Teegunn Well-Known Member

I didn't think the graphics were all that bad on the old one to be honest. There are LOTS of much worse looking games than TR1... but it doesn't matter as graphics good or bad it is entirely addictive, and at times very frustrating to play.