TPMS App Desired

Last Updated:

1. Sebastian640

Sebastian640 New Member This Topic's Starter

I recently began enjoying the Torque OBD app. Now I want more!!! Imagine that, right? LOL

I have been considering getting an after market Tire Pressure Monitoring System for a year or two now. I think it'd be great to have one for Droid. These allow the user to install either tire valve covers (typically leaky and inaccurate and prone to theft) or tire valve stems w/ TPMS monitors and transmitters inside the rim (granted the rim shadows, but to transmit a few feet, it's not a biggy. The greater pain is in having to change the battery after 5 or 6 or maybe as few as 4 years depending upon a few factors.) Granted this app would require the developer to interface with the after market TPMS manufacturers to convince them to transmit over Bluetooth or maybe even WiFi. Usually each monitor is easily programmed or set by the end user to idenitfy passenger side or driver side and front or back and certainly unique identifiers can be programmed in the firmware for pairing w/ the bluetooth receiver or an electronic serial number in the event of WiFi communication.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. AndroidDesigns

AndroidDesigns New Member

Not to reopen an old thread but I came across a site that is all about Android and has a 5 wheel TPMS system listed. It says it has a Serial output and an available API. Would love for someone to make an app for that..

androidincar.com/accessories.html

3. mills2533

mills2533 Well-Known Member

Add a bluetooth dongle onto it and you could probably get the phone to connect with it and do realtime monitoring.