Track Ball may not be working, trying to put a rom onGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Smurphy923

Smurphy923 New Member This Topic's Starter

So I am trying to switched to Evil Eris from KaosFroyo just cause I want something different. But it seems that whenever I try and go to System Recovery to wipe everything there is a problem because I can scroll down to click on wipe or anything but when I press it down it will reboot. Is there any fix to this problem.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

There is no "fix" known at this time.

There is a brutal hack/workaround involving using "adb" with Amon_RA to get ROMs installed, but it's really only meant for use by people that know their way around adb and are completely comfortable with the command line.

Despite the fact that I am the person that wrote up that method, I am offering no support for it at all.

The other suggestion that I can give you is that you install ClockworkMod recovery by:

- transferring the image file to your /sdcard,
    - very carefully validating the MD5 signature of the image file, and then
    - using adb with Amon_RA running to do something very similar to:

Code (Text):
    2. adb shell
    3. /sbin/flash_image recovery /sdcard/ClockworkMod_Recovery_BlahBlahBlah.img
    Again, for this I offer no support at all; I am under the vague impression that ClockworkMod does not use the trackball, so if you pair it up with ROM Manager, that could be of some use. I have no idea where to get the Eris version of ClockworkMod, nor which versions of it match up with which versions of ROM Manager, nor do I have any experience using either of them.

I realize that my reply is nowhere close to a spoon-feeding (everybody loves a spoon-feeding!) - but I wanted to give you the sense that what you are looking for is indeed possible if you try hard enough.

eu1