• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

track ball trouble?

manooga

Lurker
Jan 27, 2010
hi, my name is justin and was wondering if any one else has expierienced the trackball to not work at times momentarily? very rarely it doesn't move from screen to screen or from app to app. Then it starts to work, maybe its just something else on the phone doing work that stops it, idk

blackberrys are prone to this problem also. theres something you can do with aa cloth on them and rolling the ball on it or something. thats for a a convenient fix. you could always go to verizon and tell them and get new phone and have to reinstall everything. that would prolly be the best fix but of course very inconvenient.

Upvote 0
The Blackberries had the capability of easy trackball assembly removal and cleaning; it was just a matter of using my fingernail to remove the chrome/plastic retaining ring and then turning the device over and dumping the trackball out for cleaning.

I do not know if that is possible with the Eris.. but I hope so because I've noticed mine getting "jumpy" now at times, behaving similar to the Blackberry trackball when it got pocket lint in there, dust etc.

I'm not about to try prying the thing apart unless real instructions can be found somewhere, if real instructions for that procedure exist at all.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones