Track down Stolen S3Support

Last Updated:

1. ArranAFC29

ArranAFC29 New Member

I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy S3

It was stolen the other day and I was wondering whether there is any way that I could locate it. I got my number blocked by my network provider and did not use the android market on the phone or activated any relevant settings.

Is there any way of tracking down the device. I REALLY REALLY need your help !!!!:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

No.

If you had set the market up, you could have installed "plan b" remotely. That was your only hope really.
  3. Wisheezy

Wisheezy Well-Known Member

samsungdive.com...?
  4. SUroot

motoracer1486 likes this.
  5. ArranAFC29

ArranAFC29 New Member

Wait I have the market set up but when my Google account is a yahoo E-mail and It will let me sign into the play Market, but Wont let me access as e-mail address on either google or yahoo :L
  6. Wisheezy

First thing I did, it's pretty damn cool. :smokingsomb:
  7. SUroot

Yes its great!
  8. SUroot

Market requires gmail. Did you sign into the s3 with a gmail?
  9. tekchic

tekchic Active Member

SamsungDive is a great idea. I went there to register my device and I don't have the "Remote Control" option in Security settings menu. I'm on a stock AT&T SGS3. Any ideas? Was this moved elsewhere?

Here was the instructions I was following: Samsung DIVE (but obviously selected the SGS3).
  10. not2gutta

not2gutta Well-Known Member

After opening security in the settings, it doesn't show the remote option...Verizon wireless. Is there another way to get to the remote control?
  11. Easilyamused

Easilyamused Well-Known Member

It is removed on US phones. AT&T wants you to use FamilyMap for tracking, but I'm not sure what the reasoning is for other carriers (heard from both TMobile and Sprint users the option was not available for their phones. I think it's worth checking out an app such as Cerberus Anti Theft.

Attached Files:

pcdebb and tekchic like this.
  12. redhook

redhook Well-Known Member

If the thief did a factory reset (most likely) you will not be able to track it. Hope you had insurance.
  13. jsmn4vu

jsmn4vu Member

No ESN tracking?
  14. Easilyamused

Easilyamused Well-Known Member

Password protect the factory reset.
    javamann likes this.
  15. Wisheezy

16. davidmanvell

davidmanvell Well-Known Member

A program called findmydroid is what I use but i think it also requires setting up in advance. you can install it remotely but don't think you can set it up remotely.
  17. bajo13

bajo13 New Member

hey i have also lost my s3 4days back. i am devastated!! i had installed google playstore on my phone. no tracker or tracking app was activated! is there any way i can track it using gps and imei number?? please help!!
    thank you.
  18. Micheala Supan

Micheala Supan New Member

hi,
    can i track my samsung s3 with GPS off? :confused:
    please help me!!!!!!!!:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
  19. smallclone

smallclone Well-Known Member

+1 for Cerebrus

I don't leave GPS on and it can track my phone down to the sq metre. I presume it only does this via the location of the phone when it was last switched on to wifi or mobile data? Anybody know?

It can also send the phone a message like "Hands off you pikey". And take videos and camera shots or wipe Smemory remotely.
  20. clo821

clo821 Well-Known Member

+1 for Cerberus as well...

Hopefully I never have to use it!
  21. offtheRIM

offtheRIM Well-Known Member

22. Stumpy420

Stumpy420 New Member

hey guys,

Just got back from a fishing trip and realised ive lost my phone after ive got home... read this post from start to finish and sorta got the feeling i wont be seeing my s3 again. ive checked out both the sites mentioned in this post samsungdive.com and google play store through google the browser on my pc. i can log into both (i have a gmail and hotmail email address) but i dont think ive set these up on my s3. can someone give me some advise so i can put this to bed and save some coin to get another one of these suckers. :eek:
  23. pcdebb

pcdebb VIP Member VIP Member

that is so incredibly dumb of them. if someone stole my phone, it sure isnt family i'm trying track now is it? :confused: of course i was all over my phone for 20 minutes before i saw your post :p
  24. gtgirl88

gtgirl88 Active Member

i use comodo mobile security.. it is an antivirus and has an anti theft option
  25. PrayingMantis

PrayingMantis Member

Cerberus anti theft has many features.

Sent from a Supadupa Droid using Tapatalk