Track duplicates + won't play anything

Last Updated:

1. Charlieboy

Charlieboy Member This Topic's Starter

Someone please help me before I tear my lungs out through my a**e!

Basically, after a week of frustration, i finally got doubleTwist to sync my music. Now it turns out in every audioplayer i have downloaded I have duplicates of every track (one for each time I synced)

Also, the "official" audio player won't play ANY tracks at all. Nothing will play. Just keep getting the annoying message:

"sorry, the player does not support this type of audio file."

Which is impossible, as I used doubleTwist to sync in the first place. And I thought that everything got converted so it would work. Now it seems everything - including what did work beforehand - won't work now.

I'm really starting to dispair as i bought this thing to replace my ipod that got stolen a few weeks back and am now on contract and really don't want to be regretting it.

Any help of any sort would be much appreciated.

Thank you.:(

Advertisement
  2. Warghost

Warghost New Member

Sorry man, really wish I could help you. I am having the same problem you are, and it's horrible. I have another MP3 player, but why would I have spent so much money on this piece of crap phone if it can't do something a $20 Walmart MP3 player can do? Honestly, I have been let down by the Cliq, and it seems all Android-based products are just lame. I should have gone with a iPhone instead, at least they do what they are supposed to, and they do it well. Try to sell your phone on Craigslist, you can get $300-$400 for it. Buy an iPhone, hack it to work on your cellular provider. That's my next step.

3. dominoslave

dominoslave New Member

if you have itunes you can use the program "salling media sync" for putting music on your phone. double twist is a joke. what format are your music files in?

4. canhead64

canhead64 Guest

all my music works just fine. i got most of my music from zune marketplace. and the others are mp3's.

5. Charlieboy

Charlieboy Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for you help and your responses. You're right about DoubleTwist, DominoSlave. It is a joke. I can't understand why people bang on about it. Since then I've tried linux and there are a few good mediaplayers that managed to sync with little or no issue to my htc, but weren't slick enough (Banshee was equally slow). I also used mediamonkey but I didn't feel I got full potential out of it.

Winamp has been the best solution so far and I particularly like the autofill feature which gives me a nice range of things every now and then. But since I use iTunes for general listening and browsing through my collection, I'd like to find something that incorporates it with my HTC so I will give Salling a try.

In a response to Warghost, I don't find the HTC that bad. In fact, I really like it. There are some other audio players available on the market. I just like the way the standard one appears on the locked screen and allows easy control (and is very aesthetically pleasing too). The machine just needs a bit of tweaking with the mp3 player and it would be perfect.

And to Canhead64, the majority of my music is just standard mp3. So I didn't understand the problem.

I'm happy using Winamp, but I will be trying Salling in the future - but I'm personally not a fan of programs that only let me transfer playlists rather than music of my choice through selection (not drag and drop - how prehistoric) outside of iTunes, I have tried some in the past and they weren't very good. I'd like to see something within iTunes or a mediaplayer. Maybe this one will be a lot slicker though from what I've read.

Thanks again for your help.