• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Track pad problems!!! I think!!!

Just got my HTC - G2 from T-mobile yesterday (Nov. 2, 2010). Well basically the track pad responds to the light. When I'm texting the cursor moves all around my text. Its taking my letter that I type and putting them all over the text message. This only happens in certain lighting conditions. I pertty sure this is a problem with the track pad, but I'm not sure. I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem.

Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1GuUFueL4E

Sorry, Im and work and I can't watch the video. But are you using the slide out keyboard? If so, I have this problem from time to time. It's really frusturating! I get two letters typed, then it will the input curser will jump to the begining or middle of my already entered text. Sometimes it will jump out side of the text box all together and nothing will be typed! This doesn't happen to me all that much since I usually use swype, so I can't really say how often this happends

Upvote 0
Sorry, Im and work and I can't watch the video. But are you using the slide out keyboard? If so, I have this problem from time to time. It's really frusturating! I get two letters typed, then it will the input curser will jump to the begining or middle of my already entered text. Sometimes it will jump out side of the text box all together and nothing will be typed! This doesn't happen to me all that much since I usually use swype, so I can't really say how often this happends

Yeah, I just realized I can't get it to do it in portrait mode. It does it in landscape mode even with the keyboard shut. Now I'm wondering why its doing it, and I'm not sure it is the track pad.

Also: I just installed the software update (version 1.22.531.8) Still same problem!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones