1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Track Stolen Samsung galaxy s4Support

1. eclectica

eclectica New Member

Hi,

One of my friends phone is stoled last week (Galaxys 4)

My question was can he track his phone even if it's disabled?

Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Depends on what was installed. Was he rooted or stock, any security apps installed?
  3. sorka

sorka Well-Known Member

Login to google play store and install "Lookout plan b" as soon as you can. If the phone get's moved off the account or is in airplane mode, forget it. But if it's even only on wifi, it will download and use the gps. If it's disabled, plan b will turn it on and report the location.
  4. trucky

trucky Well-Known Member

Plan B only works with 2.0 - 2.3 versions of Android. It will not work on an S4.
  5. eclectica

eclectica New Member

As far as I know there are no security apps installed but what about "KNOX"?
  6. ThatOneRearEnd

ThatOneRearEnd Well-Known Member

The features are available from stock. If he activated them prior to his loss, it's good and the phone can be tracked as long as it isn't wiped.
    If he didn't, well...
  7. bls

bls Well-Known Member

I wonder which phone-locator app people prefer? I used SeekDroid on my last phone, but their website is having trouble on my new S4 so I was considering something else.

Lookout Security was preinstalled. Does anyone have any opinion about it?
  8. sincarafan

sincarafan Well-Known Member

Lookout works great. Checkout their facebook page and you'll see very good feedback.
  9. speedlever

speedlever Well-Known Member

I've been using Lookout for my last two 'droids. I've found that if the GPS is off, it won't locate the phone. I've tried several other locator apps with similar luck. So either I'm doing something wrong or the finder apps are easily defeated by disabling GPS.

I'm trying it now, GPS is off, and it won't locate the device. After several minutes of searching, it finally says it found my device... at a location dated June 18 of this year and several hundred miles from my current location. ;)
  10. SebaKL

SebaKL Well-Known Member

I have been using Cerberus, works great without GPS. As long as the phone is on, you can control it, from listening to what people say, to take photo using front camera whenever they try to unlock the phone, dump sms and call logs. Hide it from drawer and invoke only through password enter via dialer And hundreds things more. In fact I just tracked my phone using browser on this I pad I'm viewing the forum with, via browser interface.
  11. speedlever

speedlever Well-Known Member

I may have to take another look at Cerberus then. My initial impression was rather ho-hum. And now I'm past my trial period. Rats.
  12. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

I'll add another vote for Cerberus. Love it (just hope I never need it).
  13. Unicorn512

Unicorn512 Well-Known Member

I always install Lookout on all Android devices PLUS PREY on everything (including WINDOZ laptop, ASUS Tablet and all phones.) A technically minded thief will probably defeat Lookout but PREY is a little tougher. It includes a "dummy" login screen that makes it look some kind of game. See Prey - Welcome to the Control Panel
  14. SAL8116

SAL8116 Well-Known Member

Where's my Droid worked well in the past, but I think they're in the process of revamping the app.
  15. wysts43

wysts43 Well-Known Member

Another vote for cerberus. Great features!
  16. SebaKL

SebaKL Well-Known Member

LOL, indeed :)

I love the app, and I too sincerely hope I will never get to use it.