Trackball LightGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Night_Watchman

Night_Watchman Member This Topic's Starter

Has anybody found a way to make the trackball blink for various other notifications other than SMS and eMail? I use google talk all the time and I would love to have the trackball light blink slowly (just like the normal alert for a waiting SMS message) when I recieve a google talk message that I haven't read. Or how about gMail? They light up the notification led blinking green but there is no trackball notification. I'm actually quite surprised there doesn't seem to be any setting I can find to make the trackball blink for various notifications.

My phone's already rooted so that should expand my options but I haven't found anybody that's done this yet.

Advertisement
  2. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Check out Kaos Froyo; almost every notification that can light up will blink the trackball light (when the screen is off and the unit is unplugged.) I'm not sure about gtalk, because I never use it, but gmail will flash it.

3. Sytar

Sytar Well-Known Member

Be aware that if you do try any Froyo builds for an Eris, that I think none of them have the camera working.

4. surgeon0214

surgeon0214 Well-Known Member

They have been working for a few weeks now..

5. Night_Watchman

Night_Watchman Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the advice!