trackball not working, will verizon replace if purchases on ebay?General

1. ottomatictom

ottomatictom Active Member

so i just bought an eris off of ebay and received it a few days ago. i really want to root it but much to my dismay my trackball will not work. i know there have been some posts on how to work around this but they are much more advanced and to be honest im just not that good yet. i was wondering is there anyway to root my eris without using the trackball, like maybe using my computer or an easy root app? also alot of people just say to get verizon to replace my phone but will verizon still replace it since i bought it on ebay?
    thank you

Advertisement
  2. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Well-Known Member

Have you tried cleaning the trackball? Put the phone face down on a clean piece of paper and move it around.
  3. ottomatictom

ottomatictom Active Member

bberryhill0 likes this.
  4. offanairplane

offanairplane Well-Known Member

I am kinda curious about this one myself. In the past, I have had phone issues and they would replace them, and eventually replace with a different phone. But I am not sure if it was because they phone was newer, and covered by warranty.

If I thought I could gripe about my signal and get upgraded to a D1 or D2 or Dinc I probably would.
  5. Lagos

Lagos Well-Known Member

I don't think verizon would replace something they never sold you. You're best bet would be to try to contact HTC and see if the phone is still under the manufacture warranty.