Trackball requires pressure?

Last Updated:

1. FADviral

FADviral Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I noticed while playing xgalaga that the shooter kept stopping while moving it left and right with the trackball. It turns out that you have to press the trackball very slightly while rolling it for the movement to properly register. Is that normal? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. FADviral

To add: I mean overall, not just in the game I mentioned.

I noticed while gently sliding the trackball from left to right in HTC SenseUI that the screen doesn't move unless I apply slight pressure while rolling it. If that is *not* normal, I'd like to know so I can get it exchanged while still within the 14 day exchange period.

3. marka87uk

marka87uk Active Member

I'm not really sure how much pressure you're adding, so it's hard to say really, but on mine it barely registers movement if you add no pressure at all (gliding over it very gently), but if I place my finger on it (using the weight of my finger I guess) without pressing down and roll, it works perfectly. Hope this helps?

4. FADviral

OK, I think my handset is normal. Thanks for the reply. I must be overly gentle while using phones or something. :D

5. huey85

huey85 Member

Yeh for it to fully register my swipes (left,right,up,down) I need to apply a little bit of pressure (not much at all).

6. FADviral

Thanks for confirming that too! I was literally gliding my finger over it without pressing it at all.. but if I let my finger's natural weight fall on it, it works fine. I think maybe I'm overly paranoid about faults when I buy new phones.[​IMG]