Trackball stays litGeneral

Last Updated:

1. BY724

BY724 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm having a minor issue with my Eris, where my trackball stays lit at all times when the phone is on, and when the phone is off and it is plugged in, the trackball is lit as well. I don't have any missed calls/other notifications that would make the trackball flash.

It's not the biggest issue, as the phone works fine, but it is kind of annoying.

Anyone have a fix?

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

I was just looking for the post I saw reporting that in another forum; can't find it, however I do remember that a live battery pull remedied the issue.

Have you tried removing the battery with the device on?

3. BY724

I tried a live battery pull and it still didn't work. Also, now when the phone is off and not charging, the trackball is more dimly lit, and only removing the battery entirely turns the light off.

Really weird.

4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

That sure is weird.

I apologize for not having a remedy, BY724. Are you willing to try fixing it with a factory data reset (following a backup of your data)?

5. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Have you rooted, could it be an issue with a ROM rather than the phone itself?

6. BY724

I'm willing to try it only if it's the only option...it just randomly started staying on one morning when I turned it on...there's gotta be SOMETHING causing it...