Tracker Ball Lighting Up

Last Updated:

1. drwinston

drwinston Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all. Only had my Hero for 3 days but something I have noticed has happened twice and is happening at the moment.

I have no new notifications but the tracker ball is lighting up every 5 seconds or so. What does that mean?

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Reboot the phone and see if that clears it ..

3. drwinston

that's what I did last night. Today it's just gone out. I had the phone "data sync" symbol come up. I pressed it, it went away and the light stopped flashing.

Oh well, I'm going to try to do the orange update tonight so I'm sure that problem will go and either never come back or be replaced by some others !! ;)

Thanks for the help.

4. SFA_AOK

SFA_AOK Well-Known Member

Here's what I think happens: you receive a new text message, light starts flashing. You look at the message by tapping the text message app and reading it. This clears the notification from the top bar. However, it does not stop the light from flashing.

If you read the text message by dragging down the notification bar instead, the light will not flash once you've read the message. This seems to be my experience so far. In fact, I find that if I've read a message via the app rather than the notification bar and the light's still flashing, if I drag down the notification bar (even though it's empty), the light stops flashing.

Any help?

5. drwinston

that's exactly what it is. Whatever way I check the message, whether it's directly through the notification bar or the app, I have to do the other one to get rid of the flashing. A bit silly but I guess it's just one of those little blips. Thanks

6. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

Reading the text message through the message app does not necassarily clear the notification.

So like the above post either read through the notifications drag down or once read check that you have cleared all notifications.

7. nevz@

nevz@ New Member

i have the similar problem. if i have one unread message, after reading it from the notification (scrolling down) notification light stops blinking. But if i have more than 1 unread messages after reading them from the notification menu up (by scrolling it down) although i read all the messages, it doesnt stop blinking.

anyone who solved this problem?

8. rjjr2531

rjjr2531 Well-Known Member

blackberry curves do this with missed calls. you can see the missed call on the menu, but to stop the flash you actually have to click on it and view the missed call...its very annoying...anyways OCT 11TH! :p;):D:eek::):(:cool:

9. ceas909

ceas909 Member

i had same problem on my mt3g... found out it was the wfi.. had wifi on and every time phone went to sleep it would lose wifi signal... and track ball turned on and then off... turned off wifi and stopped doing it..