Tracking app needed, BUT...

1. dash14251

dash14251 New Member

okay i need to find a tracking app that allows me to track a vehicle that i own and notify me if it moves from where it is parked. the thing is i cannot leave my phone in it so (i guess) this would require me to buy some kind of antenna or transponder thing...

if any of you are familiar with an app like this please let me know. i would really appreciate it!

im not even sure if these exist or not. im assuming it would involve a small device that would be tied into the battery so it stays active. or maybe just activates when the vehicle is turned on? i also thought about this pet/animal gps trackers and just putting it in the back seat or something.

anyway, have you guys run across anything like this?

thanks!!!!

Advertisement
  2. amlothi

amlothi Well-Known Member

You cannot use an app on your phone to do this.

You would need a device to install in your car with a GPS receiver. This would allow the device to know it's location (the car's location) at all times.

The GPS on your phone only knows the location of the phone itself, not other things.

Try doing a search for automobile GPS tracking devices. It's possible there is a device that would come paired with software to allow you to see your car's location from a computer or smart phone, but I haven't heard of any that specifically have software for Android.
  3. Spykez

Spykez Well-Known Member

oh...oh this makes me curious lol. details!!
  4. Epicurean

Epicurean Well-Known Member

5. Bugly

Bugly VIP Member VIP Member

milennium plus works well. it is hard wired into the car and you can track from a pc or phone. just one thing... would you appreciate someone tracking you?
  6. ragfoster

ragfoster Member

DroidSecureMe - Android app provided by Whiznets
  7. scythefwd

scythefwd Well-Known Member

IF the car is a GM, you might be able to track it using the app for onstar.
  8. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

When I last used the OnStar app (6 months ago or so), it didn't have this feature.
  9. Seanette

Seanette Well-Known Member

OP did say he/she is the owner of the vehicle, so IMO he/she does have a right to know what's being done with his/her property.