• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Trade-In Deals or Other Promos...?

I am a Premier Silver member on a 2 year contract. My 1 year upgrade will come up in a few weeks. That one year upgrade will allow me to get the phone for $150? Do I need to sign another 2 year contract?

Thanks.

It depends, sometimes they give you $75 off and you're partially eligible, and then if you get $150 off then you're fully eligible. If you log into your Sprint account on Sprints website, it should tell you next to your listed device. You can also use this upgrade checker below to check the lines on your account to see if they're eligible.

Check Upgrade Eligibility

I don't want to simply say yes, cuz I have no idea the details on your account. You can check with Sprint website, or even call customer service and find out for sure though.

And yes, if you upgrade, you basically renew/extend your contract another 2 years.

Reactions: Gavisann
Upvote 0
It depends, sometimes they give you $75 off and you're partially eligible, and then if you get $150 off then you're fully eligible. If you log into your Sprint account on Sprints website, it should tell you next to your listed device. You can also use this upgrade checker below to check the lines on your account to see if they're eligible.

Check Upgrade Eligibility

I don't want to simply say yes, cuz I have no idea the details on your account. You can check with Sprint website, or even call customer service and find out for sure though.

And yes, if you upgrade, you basically renew/extend your contract another 2 years.

According to that tool I am not eligible until 7/1/12. Which is odd because I got the phone in late September, early December. I'll call Sprint later to see what is happening.

Thanks for that link.

Upvote 0
According to that tool I am not eligible until 7/1/12. Which is odd because I got the phone in late September, early December. I'll call Sprint later to see what is happening.

Thanks for that link.

That may be the date you become fully eligible? I do know there's 2 different levels so yeah calling Sprint would be the best way to know for sure.

Upvote 0
If I buy from Wirefly, how long after release day will it be until I get my unit?

It depends on the shipping you select at checkout. I believe they have 1 day shipping available.

I called Sprint and they told me the best they can do is $75 off. I can't pay that much for a phone. Looks like I will be searching Ebay a few weeks after release.

Upvote 0
I have an EVO and EVO 3D of which I will sell one to cover some of the cost of the ET. How much i like the real world application of the ET will determine which one I sell. The GS II forum seems to have a ton of problem threads, very annoying problems. Same with the EPIC and GS's. That concerns me about the spec changes if they haven't fixed all of the other problems yet.

Upvote 0
After 11 months you are eligible for a $75 discount, and after 22 months you are eligible for $150 discount.

Yes, technically. But in reality, the $75 discount gets you just exactly that. However, the $150 includes all the hundred dollar+ rebates, etc. Only the $150 discount results in a $550 phone purchased for $150 to $200.

So the reality is that you get a phone for $475 with the $75 discount and you get the same phone for $150 with the "$150" discount. The "$150" discount is more like a $400 discount.

Upvote 0
I have an EVO and EVO 3D of which I will sell one to cover some of the cost of the ET. How much i like the real world application of the ET will determine which one I sell. The GS II forum seems to have a ton of problem threads, very annoying problems. Same with the EPIC and GS's. That concerns me about the spec changes if they haven't fixed all of the other problems yet.

Enh, that's mainly what the forums are for. There will always be more negative posts than positive.

I follow Vincent from Slash Gear who uses the GSII daily and he can't seem to stop praising it. He got to review the Bionic and still said the GSII wins hands down.

Upvote 0
I signed a new 2 year contract with Sprint last year on Sept 6, 2010. I currently have the Evo 4G and it has been giving me problems for the past 3-4 months, it keeps rebooting. I've taken the phone into the Sprint service store 3 times to try to get it fixed but nothing worked. I called customer service this past Sunday to see if I could cancel my line b/c it would probably be cheaper to pay the cancellation fee rather then pay the $473 price they were charging to upgrade my phone to an EVO 3D. She said I could "purchase" to a full upgrade for $110.

I decided to agree to this since I could sell my Evo back to Sprint for $87 so it will cover most of the cost of the upgrade. I didn't want to sell it on Ebay since the phone keeps resetting and I didn't want to sell a defective phone to some poor kid.

I was able to get the Samsung Galaxy S II on letstalk.com for $134 since Sprint gave me the full reset. Hopefully this will give another option to some of you out there. I'm not sure how they calculate the cost to get the full upgrade discount, but I"m sure it's based on how many months I had left on my contract and also that I've always paid my bill on time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones