trade in Droid 1 for droid x?

Last Updated:

1. xmetl

xmetl Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

hi is it possible for me to trade my droid for a droid x? how much would it cost me?

Advertisement
  2. uponfirstlisten

uponfirstlisten Member

I was able to do just that as part of a warranty replacement. The Droid 1 is no longer being manufactured so inventory is spotty at best. I had a dead spot on my screen where it was not responding to touch and they were out of Droid 1, so they sent me a Droid X free of charge. The following day, my sister tried the same thing and they suddenly had more Droid 1s in stock. Her replacement finally came in and had a defective physical keyboard, so she called them back, but they still had Droid 1s in stock. It's a hit or miss, YMMV type of thing, but it's possible.

3. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

it was possible a couple weeks ago when replacement D1 inventory was really low, but verizon has a good amount stockpiled in the warehouse now, so it's gonna be harder than it was before.

my recommendation is to find an indirect verizon store (non-corporate) that sells used phones, and try to get some trade-in value that way. verizon corporate stores don't take old phones in on trade.

4. bugeyeblue

bugeyeblue Well-Known Member

The easiest way, although it may not be the cheapest, is to buy a droid x on craigslist and sell the motorola droid afterwards. This is usually how I upgrade my phones when my lines of service are not due for an upgrade.

5. xmetl

xmetl Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok thats a good idea, how much should i sell my droid for? i was thinking 300 or 400 what do you think?

6. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

On eBay, I see them selling with Buy It Nows of $200-250, really doubt you'll get $300-400 for it. But you never know until you ask!

7. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

+1. if it's in good condition, you'll get $250 for it.

8. mmarti16

mmarti16 Well-Known Member

I took $225 for my two month old droid 1, I sold mine within 3 days of posting it on craiglist (I found the droid X on the verizon giveaway). Make sure you format your SD card first then do a factory restore...