Trade my Droid for a friend's Incredible?

Last Updated:

1. dman2275

dman2275 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I am very happy with my Moto but a friend upgraded to the Incredible and likes the Moto better. He offered to trade me his Incredible for my Moto.

The Incredible appeals to me because of the size (smaller than the Moto), sense UI, and fast responsiveness. I don't use the Moto keyboard so that is not a factor. Plus, rumor is the next Google OS update will not accomodate the Moto Droid (no Snapdragon).

I do use the base charger every night but it looks like Seidio is coming out with one soon. Lastly, I usually keep my phone the entire two years before upgrading.

So, please chime in and let me know what you think? Thanks in advance for any help.

Advertisement
  2. Tylerc66

Tylerc66 Member

Make the trade its a much faster phone. My friend has it and I wish he wanted to trade with me.

3. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member

If you don't use the keyboard, I would make the trade. Make sure that you are happy with the screen brightness in sunlight first.

4. damule6666

damule6666 Well-Known Member

Not a chance in H-E- Double hockey sticks would i EVER trade my droid for an inc..

But thats me, played with one and was not overly impressed.. My rooted and OC'd droid smoked it..

But like i said thats just me.

Jareris likes this.
  5. AndroidsOfTara

AndroidsOfTara Well-Known Member

Having a Snapdragon CPU or not has absolutely nothing to do if anything after 2.2 will run on a phone or not. It's all to do with minimum supported CPU speed and memory.

As for your original question... I personally would not trade my Droid for an Incredible. I like the physical keyboard, the Gorilla Glass, the higher screen resolution, the physical construction of the phone, stock Android over SenseUI, etc.

6. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

The incredible has also been rooted and OC'd now :)

7. Rodeojones

Rodeojones Well-Known Member

Yes, but a rooted Droid is still better and faster in Linpack and Quadrant scores than a rooted Incredible. And the snapdragon processor that the Incredible has is proven to be far inferior to the one made by Texas Instruments that is in the Droid.

Don't make the trade. HTC products in general are not up to par with Motorola.

jroc, blubill and damule6666 like this.
  8. damule6666

damule6666 Well-Known Member

Indeed.. Thank you for picking up on my slack..:eek:

As you were,

9. dB Zac

dB Zac Well-Known Member

smart, posting it in both phones forums. I can give you one constructive piece of unbiased advice. Picking between these two phones (hacked or not) comes down to whats a higher priority (I own both).... Camera or speaker volume and durability! The weak point of the Incredible is the rear speaker, its not as loud as the droid. I can turn the droid up to full volume and I never blew it but the Incredible witch already isn't as loud would blow at full volume (its happened 3 times to me). the camera on the Incredible is hands down a better camera and by a long shot! Also battery life is hands down better on the droid in every situation except one if you were to run the screen on from beginning to end of a battery cycle the droid is close but not as good on battery (but who does that)

After that it comes down to personal opinion. Do you prefer sense or Vanilla android? Do you run you phone hacked or stock? if you hack than it may not matter if you want a vanilla android but the droid can run over clocked farther without issue.

jroc likes this.
  10. blubill

blubill Well-Known Member

I know this is off topic, but when I read your post I always hear it in my head as Tobias from Arrested Development talking.

11. Rodeojones

Rodeojones Well-Known Member

Good. Imagine him saying "I just blue myself." It will bring an instant smile to your face.

Another reason to choose Droid over Incredible. Android 2.2. If you're rooted, you can have Froyo on a Droid right now. If you're planning to remain stock, it has already been confirmed that the Motorola Droid will indeed receive the OTA 2.2 update before the Incredible. The SenseUI that HTC puts on their phones delays (sometimes, in the case of the Eris, significantly delays) any OS updates as they have to tweak it to allow it to work properly with SenseUI.

12. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Yes, but they say Gingerbread requires at least a 1ghz processor in it.. but that's still a way off..

But it sounds like you may already have your mind made up.. And with everyone saying that you can already have froyo now if your rooted and blah blah blah.. You said you keep your phones for the entire 2 years, if I was u I would make the swap. It has alot more internal memory, and froyo IS COMING to the incredible. And more than likely, so is Gingerbread (next update after froyo) but its arguable if Gingerbread is coming to the Droid.
    But that's just my opinion.
    Hope this helps.
    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

13. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Yea, just for Gingerbread alone,,,it might be better to make the switch

14. dman2275

dman2275 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks everyone for the advice and opinions.

I am probably gonna make the trade and pick up a larger battery the desktop cradle when it comes out.

15. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

I like the Inc, it's a great phone. My g/f has one, so I get to play w/ it often. But it's not as great as my rooted Droid. My Droid is super-fast and much more durable, w/ a helluva better battery life. The only thing about the Inc that I can say is clearly head n shoulders above the Droid is the camera. That thing is sweet.

16. esmith818

esmith818 Well-Known Member

My friend has an Incredible and hates it. Apparently there's a major bug for some users which causes the cache to build up until it's hogging RAM with no way to fix other than to do a hard reset. If he weren't past his 30 days, he'd willingly switch to the Droid. Sense UI may seem pretty, but I'd rather have the standard OS that comes with the Droid and then tweak it myself.

Be sure to report back in a month with your thoughts between the two. :)

17. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

If you don't use the keyboard, that's a plus for the Incredible. It also has more RAM, a serious limiting factor on the Droid.

The way I look at it, a rooted Droid is better than an Incredible in any form, which is better than an unrooted Droid. If you aren't rooted and don't plan to root, make the switch. Otherwise, we have the best development community out there, so stay put. :)

18. shadowdude777

Can't he just clean the cache? There are programs to do it, and if he's rooted, I'd assume he could just format /cache?

19. esmith818

esmith818 Well-Known Member

He's not rooted, and I think the Inc is still in its rooting infancy at the moment (i.e. no simplified method and no custom ROMs for the average joe to flash). I admit I haven't spent a lot of time looking, but I haven't found any way to clear his cache issue on the stock OS.

20. shadowdude777

I never checked if you can clean /cache without root. I assume you can though, based on this topic. Two threads up. ;)

21. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

If you live in a low signal area, or use your "phone" in any low signal areas, I would definitely stick with the Motorola. ;)

22. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

^Shhh!!!.....u making too much sense........

I forgot about Motorola for a few years, and got punished for it in the reception dept...It wont happen again.