Trade my Moto Droid for a friend's Incredible?General

Last Updated:

1. dman2275

dman2275 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I am very happy with my Moto but a friend upgraded to the Incredible and likes the Moto better. He offered to trade me his Incredible for my Moto.

The Incredible appeals to me because of the size (smaller than the Moto), sense UI, and fast responsiveness. I don't use the Moto keyboard so that is not a factor. Plus, rumor is the next Google OS update will not accomodate the Moto Droid (no Snapdragon).

I do use the base charger every night but it looks like Seidio is coming out with one soon. Lastly, I usually keep my phone the entire two years before upgrading. I posted this in the Moto Droid forums also so I am looking for advice from people who have or have used both phones.

So, please chime in and let me know what you think? Thanks in advance for any help.

Advertisement
  2. TonyG916

TonyG916 Well-Known Member

simple answer...moto droid will not get gingerbread (3.0) and the Incredible will

If you hate the physical keyboard, or can care less about a physical kb, then definitely trade. You can always use a home replacement like Launcher Pro if the Sense UI is not your cup of tea.

3. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

There is no question here. Droid for an Incredible is an awesome deal only a fool would turn down. :D Even if you don't like it; sell it on eBay or craigslist for $400 and buy a new phone.

4. necosino

Hate to break it to you, but nobody has guaranteed that the Incredible will get an official Android 3.0 upgrade. Even if we don't, the Droid and Incredible can both just make custom ROMs for 3.0, no big deal. Your reasoning is a little flawed..

5. gidget

gidget Well-Known Member

i came from a moto droid to the incredible, and all i can say is, i was very, very happy with the switch. i *thought* i liked the moto droid, and i had it since launch. i was happy with it. but when i got the incredible, it was like night and day. the speed and responsiveness are overwhelmingly better than the moto droid, and i am in love with sense. the widgets are so useful and work so well. the phone is also way sexier than the moto model, and if you ever want to take photos, this is a far better camera for you. since you say the physical keyboard is not a big deal for you, i would DEFINITELY make the switch. your friend is an insane person. :)

6. TonyG916

your face is flawed

1GHZ, 512 ram are the min requirements going forward. the Incredible has the prerequisites.

7. waynester

waynester Well-Known Member

trade

8. dguy

dguy Well-Known Member

Just going to point out that all of the rumors about Android 3.0 are nothing but rumors at this point. There isn't even the tiniest shred of evidence that anything in any of those articles is true. Take it with a grain of salt until an official announcement is made.

On topic: Droid Incredible > Moto Droid. Only reason to get a Droid today is if you have to have an Android phone with a physical keyboard. Droid Incredible has far superior specs.

9. Highland Ranger

Highland Ranger Well-Known Member

What is going to happen to the Incredible when the Droid X comes out? Seems to me like it might be one of those phones that had promise to be in wide use but didn't make it because of availability/timing.

That's not to say its not a better phone than the Droid - but with such a wide user base, the Droid may indeed wind up having a longer usable life.

10. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

i would def trade if his is in good working condition

11. dman2275

You make a valid point about more people having the Moto Droid. I personally like the Sense UI. Started with an Eris and traded it for the Moto because of poor battery performance. I am not interested in rooting or overclocking. I am happy with the Moto but love the size of the Inc as well as the speed.

I am concerned about the battery. My buddy says his INC gets no where near what his Moto did. Do you guys have battery issues? Is this something I should factor in?

12. Highland Ranger

Highland Ranger Well-Known Member

I have the Droid. Friend of mine was waiting on the Incredible and since the Droid X announcement has decided to go that way instead.

Realize that's not an option, but as I said above - may impact how many Incredible s actual get used.

13. dguy

dguy Well-Known Member

By default, the Incredible does have some battery issues. This is caused by two factors. The first is default software settings. It has tons of widgets running, has stuff like twitter, facebook, weather and such set to check for updates quite often in the background which drains battery. The next is the device gets shipped with a smaller battery than it is capable of holding. For some reason, HTC shipped the Droid Incredible with a 1300mAh battery. You can guy a 1500 battery that fits in it for around $15.

14. necosino

The Moto Droid has 512Mb RAM and can be overclocked up to 1.3 Ghz. They both meet the rumored prereq's. Maybe you should do a little research before spewing false information :)

And my face isn't flawed, it has character. :cool:

Sharondippity likes this.
  15. TonyG916

no, the droid has 256 of RAM....512 of ROM

16. dB Zac

dB Zac Well-Known Member

I heard that 3.0 requires a 3.5" screen but I hadn't heard about any possessor requirements. That being said I agree that no phone as of right now is for sure getting 3.0.

17. freddyttt

freddyttt Well-Known Member

so the smaller sexier Dinc sitting next to the bigger fugly X at the VZ store.

guess who wins.;)

MOonly.

(remember 90% of buyers who walk in to VZ are not forum users)

18. necosino

Would you rather have the skinny blond that entertains you for hours, (if you know what I mean) (incredible) or the girl that'll play football with you, calls you bro, and likes to sit around and watch movies all day (X)?

waynester likes this.
  19. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member

If you don't use the keyboard (really the only feature the Droid has over the Incredible) and like Sense UI, then it's a no brainer. As long as his phone is in good shape, trade.

I also wouldn't be concerned about the battery, some of us (myself included) get fantastic battery life with the stock battery. Those that weren't happy have grabbed for $15 an HTC extended battery equaling and/or surpassing the Moto Droid's battery life.

20. Buckeyes

Buckeyes Member

I would make the trade if i were you!

21. 0837s

0837s Well-Known Member

Thats what I did- I traded my Moto Droid for an HTC Incredible a few weeks ago (plus a little bit of cash), and have been very happy.

Now I need to decide whether to keep the Incredible or the Evo that I have (thats currently bricked, and a giant mess to get a replacement). I have 2 more days to make that decision.

22. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

1. The next Google OS doesnt need a Snapdragon, it needs a cpu running at 1Ghz or higher as one of the min. requirements. The OMAP in the X is 1Ghz. The Hummingbird in the Samsung phones are 1Ghz.

2. From a purely money standpoint, its hard to say. The Inc will sell better on Ebay if for some reason u decided to sell it. But, getting an Inc for a Droid is a good deal money wise no matter how u slice it.

3. Look at what I bolded.....for whatever the reason he's making the switch back to the Droid, it aint solely for the slide out keyboard....Its not too often someone takes a step back in technology....

But I forgot about the other min requirements of Gingergread...The Inc would be more likely to get it, the Droid not....

23. dman2275

Thanks for the posts everyone.

I appreciate all of the input and opinions everyone has posted.

I am probably going to make the switch. I will buy a larger battery and the desktop charger when it comes out.

24. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Well-Known Member

Trade! :)

25. Zahav

Zahav Well-Known Member

Its like trading a Mercedes Benz for a Ferrari. The Mercedes is a great car but -dude- take the FERRARI!
    And you need to get smarter friends:p