• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Traded BB for Droid - Looking for some help

My boss traded me his Droid for my BB Curve! And I'm loving it! My only problem is it will not update. I had to force 2.1 and will now have to force 2.2. Anybody know why?

Have you tried turning off your then and then turning it on again?

Also, try forcing an update check. There are a couple ways to do this.

From your home screen, hit your menu button, then it's settings>about phone>system update (or something similar). Then check the button that says something along the lines of "check for updates."

You can also "check in" to Verizon to check for an update. Just dial *#*#checkin#*#* to have your phone "check in" with Verizon and (hopefully) get the OTA notification. Here is more info about this: http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/38801-checkin.html.

If neither of those work, you may just need to force the update to 2.2. Or you can talk to Verizon as there may be a problem with your account that is causing your phone to be "skipped."

Kratos

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones