Traded in my iPhone 4 for a s2, sim card helpSupport

Last Updated: 2012-01-09 22:53:57
  1. intraflair

intraflair New Member

Well i am happy to say that i am finally now an android user. After having all the iPhones since the original 2g i decided to switch out my iphone for a brand new t-mobile samsung galaxy s2. I just have one problem, in my iphone 4 i had cut down my old t-mobile sim to fit into the microsim slot (the old t-mobile sim with a bigger metal back rather then smaller sized ones that are out now). I am trying to stick that little sim card into the s2 slot and to no avail. I know and i have read about adapters, but is there something in the s2 that it won't be able to read the old t-mobile sim cards? Would i need to get another normal sized t-mobile sim (with the small metal backing) in order to get it to work?

Advertisement
  2. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

I would say just go to a T-Mobile store and get a new sim card, it should be free when going to a store. It would probably be the easiest thing to do.
  3. Oldschoolwax

Oldschoolwax Well-Known Member

Yes, rather than risk having the connection be flaky on you just grab a new sim, it will just make life easier.
  4. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

That's good if its free. At&t charged me $35 when my simcard went bad.
  5. MisterEd

MisterEd Well-Known Member

Then you were totally ripped off. I would write to the AT&T corporate offices and complain and make sure you copy the store manager. If you have an AT&T account it should be free.
  6. Steve Adams

Steve Adams Well-Known Member

I get charged on telus too....I have the adapters coming. that way I can use either my ip4 or my s2x.

best of all worlds.
  7. MisterEd

MisterEd Well-Known Member

Be real careful with those adapters. i was using them on another SgsII phone. i needed to remove the SIM from the phone. What happened was the sim slighly separated from the adapter and the adapter got 'stuck' in the SIM socket pins that are soldered to the circuit board with 90% of the sim card still attached. There was no way to get it out (even brought it to a cell phone repair shop) short of breaking the pins on the sim socket on the circuit board due to the way it was wedged in. in the end it cost me $75 from Samsung (and 3+ weeks without phone) to get it repaired.
  8. BklynEnigma

BklynEnigma Well-Known Member

T-Mobile charges $20 if you get a new sim card, if you lost or "damaged" your sim card. You get one for free only at point of activation. This is how it is in most Corp. Stores, however I believe ordering one online gets you for free, as well as doing a 2 year contract upgrade.
  9. landovr

landovr Well-Known Member

Why didn't they give you one when you bought your phone?
  10. blkboyan

blkboyan New Member

When i brought my S2, they give me a new sim card for free.(i use iphone4 before)
  11. Xerses

Xerses Well-Known Member

I am with everyone on this. If you have a new phone on contract, they give you a new card with the phone. You can even activate it online and save the in store activation fee.

So you intend on still using the iPhone? If so then get the adaptor and hope for the best.
  12. rymanh

rymanh Well-Known Member

I've always gotten a new Sim card with a new phone.. if you got it from the dealer then you should too..