Traded in the Droid 2 for the X

Last Updated:

1. droidros

droidros Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, Everyone,

I'm very glad to meet you.

I just acquired my Droid X yesterday. Actually, I had first purchased a Droid 2 -- mainly because they had sold out of the X and I liked the idea of the physical keyboard. I really got to liking the 2, but after 3 weeks of wavering back and forth, coupled with my local Verizon stores getting some X's in stock, I finally decided to exchange my 2 for the X.

I didn't want to give up the physical keyboard, but after playing with the 2 for a few weeks I decided that I really don't use my phone for a lot of texting or email, and for the little typing I do, the virtual keyboard was easy enough. I was also impressed with Swype - I don't know how it can guess what I am trying to type but it does! With the larger screen of the X it would be even easier. During my trial period with the 2, I had also downloaded quite a number of apps and games (only the free ones) and spent a lot of time playing with them. So, again it seemed that the larger screen would be better for those activities, too.

I had to pay a $35 restocking charge but in a way it was worth it to get the experience of both. I really did like the Droid 2 but so far I haven't regretted my decision to change. Apart from the loss of the keyboard, I was also a little concerned about the way the X looks - it's very big and flat and not very "phone like" - several reviewers had mentioned that it could be a little uncomfortable for people with small hands. Well, I have small hands but I don't find this an issue - but then, I haven't really had much chance to use it as a phone yet.

Advertisement
  2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!

3. Leftyguy

Leftyguy Well-Known Member

Hi & Welcome to the Android Forums - Good Choice, I love my X - Cheers....;)

4. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

I love my droid x! You won't be disappointed! When you're ready, ask me about rooting! :)

5. droidros

Thank you all for the welcome.
    All right, I'm new to android and have never heard of rooting. Looked at the rooting forums but there was no explanation. What is it and why would you do it? Sounds a little dangerous!

6. droidros

Never mind. I found the answer. Sounds very dangerous !:eek: