Tranfering my apk files from PC Windows Vista to my phone

Last Updated:

1. janetiam13

janetiam13 New Member

Hello
    I have 2 questions
    First
    I have apk files(games ) on my laptop (Windows Vista) and when i connect my android phone Huawei Prism to my laptop i cannot find the phone anywhere
    2.I am trying)haha) to transfer the apk files to my phone and am using Asrto file manager but have not been successful
    I did attach 2 files to my email and then opened them up and they installed but i tried others and no go?
    Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. jonbonazza

jonbonazza Well-Known Member

Step 1) Get rid of Windows Vista. :p
  3. timdi

timdi Member

Not sure about Vista, but with my phone and Windows 7 you have to select an option on the phone to enable you to transfer files.

When you plug your phone into the PC by USB, you should get a notification "USB connected" on the phone. Click on it and press the "Connect USB storage" button that pops up. You should now be able to transfer files.
  4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Why are there apks on your PC, can't you just install stuff via Play or the Amazon App store etc? What are you trying to install?
    Unforgiven likes this.
  5. elbaroark

elbaroark Member

I, too have apk files backed up on my computer, as well as my two terabyte HDD's at home. One program that I use is AirDroid, which works flawlessly for me to be able to get my apks from my PC (Win 7 and Ubuntu) using my browser. If you have Wi-fi setup at home, all you do is open the app, connect to the assigned IP address that it gives you and then you are able to transfer the files over. Here is the link at the Play Store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sand.airdroid
  6. akutasame94

akutasame94 Well-Known Member

Well, you might also check if you have correct drivers installed, it's Vista after all :D
  7. 350X

350X Well-Known Member