• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Transfer a file from an Android to another Android via Wifi as it's done by Bluetooth???

lugopaco

Mar 31, 2011
Mexico
Hi!!!! I'm making a schoolar proyect which envolves Android programming. I've already done most of the work but now I need to send one file or a buffered string line from an Android phone to another one via Wifi. I can't use the Bluetooth because it's already used and Wifi is pretty much faster. The phone that will send the data is 2.2 and I can use it as a host (or hope that it could work like that) and the receiver will be a 2.1. Any idea of what can I do or where can I get some info???

I think that I have to be more especific in my question. The data that I want to send is the "view" of the camera or the instant "videoview", like an Android Webcam. The Bluetooth is very bussy sending insctructions to a little robot and receiving the status also of the bot. So it would be insane to do it as sms.

I am not really interested in how secure it is (or am I wrong and start to worry about it) cause it will only be what the Android camera see and it is for a school project.

Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones